Chapter 111

Shawn's POV:
After taking a sip from my water bottle, I wipe the slight layer of sweat off my forehead. Both of my hands finding the microphone while my guitar rests at my side tied to the strap that goes over my left shoulder.

I exhale deeply as the crowd starts to grow silent, probably because of my band only playing a soft melody in the background. My eyes wander over the huge crowd of people and suddenly my heart starts to beat faster but nothing can prevent the bright smile from appearing on my face.

"Hey guys! Are you having a good time?" I ask and immediately extremely loud cheering erupts from below the stage. Chuckling, I wait till they are silently listening to me again before taking another deep breath.

"I guess, I'm just gonna spit out the reason why I'm still talking even though my performance is over because I can't hold it in for longer anymore and I'm sure you guys are curious too." I say, turning around to face a proudly smiling Zubin. He nods at me and I bite my lips, my gaze wandering towards the people again.

"Probably most of you know my girlfriend, Rose. And... what can I say? She's pregnant. I'm going to be a dad." I speak into the microphone.

The first three seconds are completely silent before they seem to realize what I said and suddenly the crowd goes crazy.
And with crazy, I mean literally crazy.

It gets so loud that I almost have to hold my hears close. Luckily all I her are cheers and claps. God, this is amazing. It feels like I'm hovering miles above the ground.

Laughing, I look back to the others once again who clap aswell with bright smiles on their faces but as I look to the side of the stage where Geoff and Ava are standing, they look everything other than happy.

My smile fades, noticing how stressed they seem and how Ava worriedly speaks with someone on her phone. „Shawn? Shawn, what's wrong?" I suddenly hear Zubin ask after he approached me. Finally snapping out of my stare, I shake my head.

Quickly, I turn back to the microphone shouting a ‚thank you' before I jog my way off the stage. Confused, I come to a stop in front of Geoff and Ava but none of them seems to fully notice my presence.

"What do you mean? Oh my- but they are safe now? You don't-„ Ava says but I only hear mumbling on the other end of the phone. Due her terrified expression, it has to mean something bad. „Ava? What happened?" I question, slightly starting to panic.

She looks at me with big eyes, fear clearly visible in them, causing the uneasy feeling inside me to grow. „Ava?"

"I understand. Just stay there. Make sure-."

"Geoff?" I ask, turning around to my best friend who just ended the call he was having. He has the same fearful and shocked expression on his face. „What's wrong?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ava..." Geoff starts but doesn't finish the sentence. „Aaliyah called me." Ava sighs, rubbing over her forehead. „Was she there too?"

"No she was at home. Fortunately." Geoff says, shaking his head in disbelief. „What are you guys talking about? Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" I ask, starting to get slightly pissed. Can't they just tell me?

„Shawn..."

"What? What is it?" I question , letting my gaze glide between them.

"Rose... she-." Ava says but her voice cracks before she could speak further. „What?" I whisper, my chest clenching at the thought of what I'm thinking might be true.

"It was Mia, Shawn. She's gone crazy."

.............................................................................