Chapter 4

Rose's POV:
„Carter I swear I'm okey." I chuckle, as he squeezed me tightly, his arms wrapped around my lower back. "You don't know how much you scared me." He sighs, pulling a but back. "I'm fine. I just forgot to take my medicine." I say, messing up his hair.

He shakes his head smiling. "How can you forget that?" "I don't know..." I chuckle, nervously. "Rose, what's wrong?" Carter asks, frowning. I look down, starting to play with the blanket of the white hospital bed. "Nothing why?" I mumble.

"Rose." He says, lifting my chin with his fingers. I look into his green eyes. The moonlight which shining in from the window lights them up perfectly. "Talk to me." He says, taking my hands in his. I sigh, trying to swallow the urge to start crying again as I think about what I saw a few hours ago.

"Hey. Don't cry." Carter says, softly and wipe a tear which is running down my cheek away. "Rose what happened?" He questions, looking at me worryingly. "Uhmm... I uh Liam... he cheated on me." I whisper, feeling the tears start to fall again. I see how Carters jaw clenches, as he stares at me with an unreadable expression.

"I caught him with Beth. He said he doesn't love me anymore." I sniffle, hiding my face in my hands. "That bastard. He's s dead." Carter mutters, standing up abruptly. "Wait where are you going?" I ask, confused. "He's going to pay for hurting you." He grumbles, heading towards the door. "No wait!" Quickly I stand up, following him but it was a bit too quickly.

Dizziness takes over me and I almost stumble to the ground but Carter holds me up. "Not so fast." He says, bringing me back to the bed. "Please leave it. I don't want you to do anything stupid." I say, holding onto his hand. He hesitates, looking down at me before eventually sitting down on the chair again.

"Promise you don't go to him?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. „He cheated on you with Beth and you don't want him to get hurt?" Carter asks, angrily. „I don't want you to get hurt okey?" I say, placing my hands on his cheek to make him look at me. "Okey?" "Maybe." He mumbles. "Carter." I chuckle. "I love your laugh." He grins, tackling me in a hug.

"Thank you for being my best friend." I say, smiling. "Of course and I'll always be there for you. Oh and I won't promise anything if I come across that jerk." He replies. „Carter." I sigh, still smiling tough. He's so overprotective.

„When are you getting out of here?" he asks, sitting back down. „Tomorrow morning." I say. „Great. You'll skip school and then we are going to do something." Carter says. „Sounds good. Can you call my grandma. I don't want her to be worried." I yawn, lying down.

"Of course. I'll get my phone from my car." Carter says, standing up. „Sleep a bit. I'll come back." he adds taking his keys. „You don't have to." I mumble but he's already out of the door. I was about to fall asleep as I hear a knock on the door. „Carter?" I ask, sitting up.

"Not exactly. I'm Andrew." a man says smiling as he comes in. „Excuse me. Who are you?" I ask, puzzled. „May I?" he asks, pointing towards the chair. „I need to talk to you." „Uh.. yeah I guess." I answer, frowning. „So like I said I'm Andrew. Andrew Gertler. The manager of Shawn Mendes." He says, shaking my hand. „I'm Rose." I say, uncertain.

Of course I recognized Shawn on the bride earlier today. He lives in Toronto like me so I wasn't that surprised. Also the encounter with him just confirmed my thoughts about him being stuck up and an asshole.

"How are you?" Andrew asks, smiling a bit. „How should I be? Just tell me why you are here without all the ‚nice' questions." I say, crossing my arms. „Okey I'll come straight to the point. You know that it was Shawn who saved you right?" He asks.

Saved. Yeah kinda. „Mhm." I nod. „Good. Maybe you know that he hasn't the best image at the moment." I wonder why... „Therefore I want to ask you to come on tour with us for a while. You'll be Shawn's girlfriend. The perfect love story and the media is going to love it." Andrew says.

"Wait what?" I ask. „Shawn's girlfriend. Really funny." I scoff, shaking my head. „Hear me out please. You are really sick aren't you? I'm honestly so sorry about that but maybe I can help you too." Andrew says, smiling apologetically.

"Help with what?" "You want to find your brother, right?" Andrew asks. "Hey Rose I called your grandma." Carter says, coming in.
"Who's that?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows. Andrew turns around. "I'm Andrew Gertler. I just need to talk with Rose quickly." Andrew says.

"Carter wait a moment please." I say. "Yeah I want to find my brother but how do you know that?" I question. "I informed me about you. Anyways, I can promise to help you find your brother if you come with us." Andrew says. "Wait. Come with you were?" Carter asks, stepping closer.

"On tour." I mumble, realizing what he said. "Just think about it. It's more likely to find him on tour than when you are staying in Canada. Also I can pay for a detective if we don't find him." Andrew says, looking at me. Would it really be a good idea?

I mean, I don't have the money for a detective and everything, so why not? I don't know how much time I have left...so it's maybe worth a try. I would also get away from Beth and Mason. "What about school? I still have to finish my senior year?"

"That's no problem at all. You can do online-schooling." Andrew replies.
"Rose are you serious?" Carter questions, crossing his arms. "You can think about it. Till tomorrow night." Andrew says, standing up. "Come there if you know your answer." He smiles, placing a piece of paper with an adress on the nigh-stand.

I nod, watching as he leaves the room. "Rose-" "Please don't freak out Carter." I sigh, leaning back into the pillow. "Are you really thinking about it?" Carter asks, sitting next to me. "I could find my brother! I don't know how long I'll still be alive-"

"Don't say that. You always say it like it's nothing. I don't get why. I mean it's good that you aren't afraid but if you die I would go out of my freaking mind." Carter cuts me off, shaking his head. "Carter. I'm sorry." I sigh, taking his hand.

"You'll be okey. I know that but if you are away I can't take care of you." "I'm not five anymore." I chuckle. He's so cute. "I know..."

"You have to understand me too.
All I have left is my grandma and you. You know that I'm thankful for that but if there's a possibility to see my brother again, I have to take it." I explain, sighing. "So you are going?"

"I'm not sure yet." I whisper, closing my eyes. "Please think about it." Carter says, kissing my forehead. "Goodnight Rose."