Chapter 74

Rose's POV:
Again and again I see garish lights appearing and disappearing on the ceiling over me, making my eyes squeeze shut and flutter open continuously.

I feel like I'm in a bubble miles underwater, since I can barely make out the voice which are calling my name. „Rose? Rose do you hear me?"

A face appears above me and I can feel someone taking my numb hand but everything in front of my eyes is blurry. As fast as the face showed up, it disappeared again.

„No, no ,no. Wait Why can't I go with her?" Is the last thing I hear beforehand I can keep myself conscious anymore. I slowly wake up to the same voices speaking as earlier. I try to move or open my eyes but I don't find the strength to.

The familiar beeping sound makes panic immediately wash over me. I'm at the hospital. What the he'll happened to me? Why can't I open my my eyes?

I try to call out for the people who seem to be in here with me but nothing comes out. Or they don't care that I'm shouting?

After unsuccessfully attempting to move again, I decide to concentrate on the conversation of them, in hoped of finding out why I am here. „Should e call him?"

„Not yet. She isn't even awake." „Yeah but... he is Rose's boyfriend, Nathan." My brother? „Didn't they break up?" „What? Did she say that yesterday?"

Wait, that's Carter and Nathan. What do they mean with ‚didn't they break up?' I thought I talked to Shawn? But where is he? „No, she only said that she has to talk to him because she can't tell him over text.

That doesn't sound like making up to me." „That doesn't matter. You know I dislike him as much as you do but we can't just keep his dyi-„

„Shut up. She's not and we are at least waiting till she wakes up. Then she can decide for herself. You can go now if you want Carter, I'll call you when something happens." „I'm not going anywhere."

The conversation grows quiet and I could literally feel their eyes burning into me. Taking all my strength together I pry my eyes open as much as possible.

„Rose?" I immediately hear. Blinking, I try to see clearer. The face of my brother and my best friend coming into my sight but where is he? „Rose? Oh my god can you hear me?

Carter get a doctor!" Nathan breaths out smiling as he carefully tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. „Rosie... Does something hurt? Can you remember what happened?"

„Where's Shawn?" I croak out, barely audible but due his facial expression I could see that he heard me. „Let's get you checked first okey?" he asks softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "But-"

„Rose, I see you are awake. Any complaints or pain?" The doctor, who also treated me a few times before, asks as he walks towards me with a light smile on his wrinkled face. As always his grey hair is neatly slicked back.

„Uh... no. As far as I know, no." I say, attempting to sit up but he stops me. "I advise you to lie down. Also could I talk to you for a minute?" He asks, looking at Carter and Nathan afterwards who watched me with worried expressions the whole time. I can already guess what happened.

„"Guys, it's fine." I say. They hesitantly nod before disappearing trough the door. "What was it this time?" I question, letting out a quiet sigh.

He examines the brown clipboard in his hand, adding something with the pen in his right hand before he speaks up. "Do you remember that you fell unconscious in the middle of a cafe?Your brother told me that it happened so suddenly. Have you been stressed lately?"