Chapter 41

Rose's POV:
I sit on my bed debating if I should actually go with them. But why not?

I can just wear my jacket to cover my scars since it's too cool to go swimming anyways. Therefore I walk downstairs into the lobby after getting ready.

It's almost four so I guess they have to be there soon. „Hey Anderson." I suddenly hear someone say, causing me to turn around. Shawn comes walking towards me with a small smile on his lips, making my heart beat faster.

I don't even know why but I still feel weird to talk to him normally. „Hey." I reply. „So... the others still have to do something wanna go out a bit." Oh great. Now I have to spend time alone with him. Make up an excuse Rose.

„Since I know you have nothing to do. I take that as a yes." Shawn says, putting a hand on my back to push me out of the hotel with him. „I actually do have something to do. I should study." „You can do that later. We are just walking around for a bit."

"Are you allowed to go out without your bodyguard?" I ask. „Yes. You know I like living dangerously." Shawn replies, jokingly. „Of course." I say, rolling my eyes. „Come on." Shawn takes my hand while we walk down the street. Some people are staring already and some are also taking pictures. Oh my god, have they never seen a couple?

"Don't look so annoyed Rosie. You know that face is all over the internet then." Shawn whispers, leaning down to my ear. Before he pulls back he places a kiss on my forehead. My cheeks flush immediately. Could he stop doing that? Holding hands is enough.

„What?" „Hm?" „You look like you want to throw up." Shawn questions, lightly chuckling. „If you keep kissing my forehead I maybe will." I say. „Oh really? What if I not only kiss your forehead?" Shawn asks, suddenly grabbing my waist to pull me closer to him.

I could see this confident grin on his face since I normally don't know what to say when he's so near but this time. I actually lean even closer, his eyebrows furrow in surprise but he doesn't do anything.

Just as I'm a few inches away from his face, I stop moving. „I guess you'll have to find out yourself Mendes." I whisper before quickly turning around only to be lifted up over his shoulder.

"Not so fast sweetie." „Shawn stop making a scene. The people are already staring." I squeak, hitting his back. „I know. They should see what a cute couple we are." Shawn says, letting out a chuckle as I continue to bump my fists against his back.

"This is not cute! Let me down now!" I demand. As I look onto the ground I see that Shawn is holding me over a little water fountain. „I swear if you do that I'm gonna kill you." I grumble, holding tighter onto him.

"You said I should let you down." Shawn responds, playing stupid as he let's go a bit more of my legs. „Shawn! That's not funny." I say, trying to kick him. „To me it's hilarious." Shawn says, as he sets me down on my feet grinning like a child in Christmas.

"God you are such an idiot-„ I mutter but got cut off as my breath hitches in my throat. I stop to walk, coughing as I gasp for air. „Rose? What's wrong?" „Nothing." I say, coughing.

Shawn grabs my arm as I start to walk again, suddenly feeling dizzy. „Rose sit down." Shawn says, leading me to the stone edge of the fountain. „I'm fine." I say, catching my breath.

„Of course, that's why you are shaking." Shawn replies, leaning down in front of me with furrowed eyebrows. „Did you eat something today?"  He questions, placing his hand on top of my forehead. I shake my head. I only slept after we arrived her because I was so tired.

„Did you drink something?" „In the plane." „God Rose, you need more than just a bottle of water you know...." I start to block out what he's saying since I feel my heart still beating rapidly and kinda unsteady. Oh shit.