Chapter 55

Rose's POV:
I wake up to the ringing of a phone. A quiet groan escapes my lips while I blindly reach over to the nightstand.

Once my hand found what I've been searching for, I open my eyes noticing that it's Shawn phone, so I put it back. Wait... why is that Shawn's phone? Oh yeah...

I look to my right, remembering that I stayed here last night. A smile makes its way onto my lips as I admire the sight in front of me. His hair is standing into every direction, half of his face pressed into the pillow and his mouth slightly open.

I can't help but turn to my side, carefully running my fingers trough his luscious curls. I giggle as he shifts a little but continues sleeping anyways. He sleeps like a rock. Sighing I grab his phone as it rings again to give it to him but as I accidentally see the contact name, my eyebrows furrow. Ava?

Why is she calling him? I know that she's helping to organize everything here but I've not once seen her talk with Shawn. She ends the call, a message pooping up on his screen right after. My curiosity gets the best of me like alway as I read what she texted.
.
Ava: I have to talk to you. Without Rose.
.
Uhm... what? As I feel him moving besides me, I quickly put the phone on the nighttable acting like I'm still sleeping. My back is facing Shawn as his arm wraps around me holding me close.

He burries his face in my neck, kissing the skin lightly. I would love to stay like that now. „We can. I don't have to get up for the next two hours." Shawn murmurs, placing a kiss just below my ear.

Goosebumps immediately spread on my body and my cheeks flush. Upps. Did I just say that out loud? I turn to face him and he lazily opens one eye, this adorable smile on his plump lips.

„Morning." he says, his voice even deeper and raspier than usual, making my knees weak. Good thing I'm not standing right now... „Good Morning." I reply, biting my lower lip. „What is it?" Shawn chuckles as he catches me staring at him.

"Hmm nothing." I mumble, attempting to sit up but Shawn holds me down with his arm, pulling me even closer if that's still possible. I can't deny that cuddling with him feels amazing.

He's so warm...it's so relaxing that I could fall asleep again. „You are not just leaving again." Shawn whispers, suddenly rolling on top of me. „Shawn stop." I laugh, struggling to breath since he puts his whole weight onto me. I try to push him off but he doesn't move an inch, so I sigh defeatedly.

"Why?" he questions, grinning as he props himself up on his elbows. I inhale deeply, rolling my eyes at him. „Let's-." Shawn starts but gets cut off by a voice calling his name. Ava's voice. „Shawn? Don't you look at your phone? It's important!" she calls out, knocking onto the door. My eyebrows furrow as Shawn seems pretty caught off guard, starting at the door with wide eyes. „It's about-„

"Uh yeah about the concert? I'll be out in a few minutes!" Shawn calls back, getting off me. „I'll wait in the lobby." Ava replies before her footsteps disappear  again. „I thought you don't have anything to do for the next two hours?" I question, sitting up as I watch him gather his jeans and a T- shirt.

„Oh uhm... sorry but I completely forgot that small concert tonight and Ava still has to uh... show me something. I'll be back later. See you then?" Shawn questions, leaning down to kiss me but I turn my head, his lips coming in contact with my cheeks.

"Mhm." I mumble. He sighs, slipping a T-shirt on and grabbing his phone. Shawn smiles at me, before he disappears through the door. I get it. His job is stressful and therefore it's totally normal to forgetting such things

. I mean, he wasn't even acting weird at all. So why wouldn't I trust him? Sooo... I hope you got the sarcasm in my last sentences. He's a horrible spontaneous liar and it honestly makes me mad. If he lies to me he could at least do it well.