Chapter 108

Rose's POV:
„I'm so glad that the baby is healthy." Shawn grins wrapping his arm around my side as we stroll towards the car. „Me too." I reply, smiling up at him and he places a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"How are you feeling since you are taking lighter medicine?" Shawn asks after we sit in. We just came back from our fourth doctor appointment and so far, everything seems okey. More or less.

"I'm feeling alright. Maybe a bit more tired than usual but that can also be because of the little one." I reply, placing my hand on the visible bump. I'm six and a half months pregnant now.

It's still surreal but I get used to it a bit more everyday. Still, I have doubts about so may things and the fact that on some days I feel like I can't get out of bed scares me too. I notice that I get out of breath even faster now and there have been about three times now that I threw up blood.

Shawn only knows about the first time and he immediately made me go to the hospital. They couldn't say or do much about it because I already know what the consequences of this pregnancy can be.

They just told me to be careful and avoid stressful situations. That's why Shawn refuses to let me take a flight so I could join him when he has to be somewhere but he also hardly leaves without me and if he does, then he only ever goes for one day.

I'm so thankful for him being so concerned about me but he slowly starts to get problems because of his lacking presence. Even though he doesn't want to tell me, I just know. Shawn is willing to miss so many opportunities and it makes me feel so guilty every single day.

"Babe?" I hear him ask, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hm?" I hum, averting my eyes to my left. He quickly glances over at me before focusing back on the road. His hand finding its way to my thigh.

"You seem so absent minded lately. Is something bothering you?" Shawn questions and I could hear the worry in his voice, causing my chest to tighten. He thinks too much about me...

Sighing, I place my hand on top of his, gently intertwining our fingers. I don't want to lie to him but I thought about something... I'm not sure yet.

The only thing I know, is that I can't wait until he gives up his career. I would never forgive myself. "No, Shawn. I'm just tired already." I answer, smiling lightly. „We can drive home if you want. I can tell Andrew that I don't have time to talk." Shawn offers, making me shake my head.

"He has been calling you like ten times about the festival. Shawn, just think about it. You know 80,000 people are a lot." I say, trying to finally make him realize that this is a perfect opportunity to sing his newly released song.

„Rose, I told you that I'm not gonna leave you alone for three days and a ten hours flight is just too much stress for you." Shawn responds. „But-."

"No."

"Shawn, I'm not alone. My brother will just sleep over till you are back and Aaliyah said she wouldn't mind to visit me everyday and Carter is there too. If I'm feeling worse, they will take me to the hospital.

Nothing can happen. Please Shawn. You already ditched two other festivals. Your fans are waiting for you and you know that Andrew wouldn't make such a big deal about if it wasn't important. I promise I'll be fine." I reassure.

A sigh leaved his lips as he runs a hand trough his hair, like he always does when he thinks. A smile tugs on the corners of my lips as I see that he struggles to find a argument for him to  stay.

„I..." Shawn starts but closes his mouth again since he doesn't know what to say. „See! You don't have a reason not to go." I state, smiling. „Yes, I do." he protests, parking in front of the studio.