Chapter 4.

"Hey, Carter!" I halt my steps and turn to see Jasper and Monty smiling at me as they draw closer.

"See?" Jasper raises his arms and gestures around us. "We didn't die."

"No we didn't." I shake my head and chuckle, continuing my way over to blondie with the two boys beside me.

I see Wells Jaha talking to her as we approach, and I watch with amusement as Jasper goes up to her first.

"Cool, a map. They got a bar in this town, I'll buy you a beer."

I laugh at Jasper's lame attempt at flirting, but it's short lived when Wells pushes his away.

"You mind?" Wells said, pushing Jasper back.

Something inside me snaps. Jasper was just joking around, I get Wells has feelings for blondie but that doesn't give him an excuse to be a dick. I walk forward and narrow my eyes.

"Back off." I hiss, standing defensively in front of Jasper.

"Hands off of him, he's with us." Someone declares, a group of guys walk up to us and I immediately recognise John Murphy. I fold my arms across my chest, slightly sour that Murphy interrupted but at the same time grateful.

"Relax, We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Everyone turns to see the fake guard from earlier and Octavia.

I seriously need to find out everyone's names.

Wells looks around at the crowd that has formed and steps towards the centre, blondie right behind him.

"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. It has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." Octavia spits. "What? You think you're in charge here?" She continued. "You, and your little princess?"

"Do you think we care who's in charge?" Blondie speaks up, "We need to get to Mount Weather, not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a 20 mile trek okay? So if we wanna get there before dark, we need to leave. Now."

"Most of us are used to being hungry, princess." I spit and she looks over at me, slightly shocked at my change in attitude from earlier. "We've been hungry every day for our entire lives. Not that you'd know what that's like."

"I've got a better idea." Octavia's brother declares, looking at blondie and Jaha. "You two go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."

A chorus of "yeah's" ran around the crowd.

"You're not listening." Wells began. "We all need to go."

Murphy suddenly surges forward and shoves Wells. "Look at this everybody...the chancellor of Earth." A few chuckles ran through the crowd.

"You think that's funny?" Wells asked, as a response Murphy kicks his leg out, sending him to the ground. I shift my stance, I know Murphy well enough to realise he won't stop there.

"Wells!" Blondie stepped forward but one of the guys from Murphy's group held her back.

"No, but that was." Murphy said.

Wells stands back up again, shifting his weight onto his left leg and Murphy muttered, "All right."

The two stood in a stance ready to fight, Murphy fake lunges at Jaha a couple of times to scare him.

"Enough Murphy." I say loudly over the cheers of his friends behind me, he quickly looks back at me but doesn't stop trying to scare Wells.

Finn suddenly jumps down from the drop ship, landing in the space between the two and startling everybody. Everyone stands in shock, and I roll my eyes at his dramatics.

"Kid's got one leg." He said to Murphy. "How 'bout you wait until it's a fair fight."

"Hey spacewalker," Octavia called out, walking towards him, "rescue me next." Everyone laughs and walks away from the scene, since a fight was no longer about to happen.

"What? He's cute." Octavia tells her brother, who gives her a look. He rises his eyebrows at her.

"He's a criminal."

"We're all criminals. It's kind of the point of why we're here." I say as I walk past, causing them both to look at me with a mix of amusement and annoyance. I shake my head and smirk as I walk away.