Chapter 9.

Everyone is just as excited today as they were when we arrived yesterday. People are hanging out, having fun, some people are having a little too much fun, but I'm not one to judge.

I watch as Wells walks through the camp, his clothes in his arms. Atom, one of the guys Bellamy has recruited, walks up to him.

"Hey, where'd you get the clothes?"

"Buried the two kids who died during the landing." Wells answers.

"Smart." Atom nods and makes a move for the clothes. "You know, I'll take it from here, there's always a market for--"

"We share based on need." Wells snatches the clothes back. "Just like back home."

"You still don't get it, do you Chancellor?" Bellamy says as we walks out the drop ship--topless--and kisses Nicola before she walks away. "This is home now. Your father's rules no longer apply."

I can't help but stare at Bellamy's chest. He's hot, I'll give him that. I also notice that his hair is messier from the rain and...well, probably from Nicola too.

Bellamy walks forward and grabs a shirt from Wells' arms, causing him to lurch after him but Atom stops him.

"Oh, no, no, Atom. Atom, hold up. You want it back?" Bellamy asks, taunting Wells, "Take it."

Wells shifts his weight before spinning and dumping the clothes to the ground, the kids around me scurrying to grab them.

"Is this what you want? Choas?" Wells asks as I stand.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy pulls the shirt over his head just as a scream was heard from somewhere in camp.

Bellamy and I share a look before rushing off, everyone else following.

We push through the crowd that forms around the main camp fire, the wristbands collected in a pile beside it, and Murphy holding a girl's head over the flame.

"Bellamy. Carter. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a bit first."

I mean, he does have a point.

But what he's doing is too far.

"Let her go!" Wells lunges at Murphy before any of us have a chance to say anything, sending him to the ground. He shakes his head incredulously. "You can stop this."

"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Bellamy replies, just as Murphy gets back up and punches Wells in the jaw.

"Fight!" Someone yells as Murphy continues to punch him.

Wells manages to block few, and hit back, but Murphy tackles him to the ground and gets a few good punches in before Wells retaliates and rolls him over, ending up on top and punching Murphy.

I step forward to break it up, but Bellamy places a hand on my arm to stop me.

"We already have two dead kids, for real." I say to him, but he's too engrossed in the fight before him. "You really wanna add another two?"