Chapter 58

As I climb up the ladder all I see is red. Anger clouds my judgement.

There was a moment tonight where everything was looking up, but now things have spiralled so abnormally out of control, and I don't know how I'm even functioning.

"Carter," Octavia's voice reaches me but I don't stop for her, pushing on the hatch for the top level to find that it won't move, "they locked the hatch."

I don't waste a second before hitting my fist violently onto the metal, the sound ricocheting around the entire drop shop.

"BLAKE!" I yell, not caring about the looks the other kids send my way as I continue to bang my fist. "OPEN THIS GODDAMN HATCH RIGHT NOW!"

I hear shuffling above, and once the hatch is open a fraction, I push against it, sending the door flying and Miller to stumble back in shock.

I hoist myself up and push against the haziness in my vision, a hard, determined and down right pissed off look on my face as I storm across the level.

"What's wrong?" Bellamy asks me but I move past him, dodging his hand that reaches out to me.

I stop before the grounder, my chest heaving as my body shakes with rage. I hold up the knife for him to see, Finn's blood still fresh on the blade.

"What is it?" I say to him, my voice like venom as my eyes narrow into slits. "Huh? What's on this?"

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy stands behind me but I don't turn to him, keeping my burning glare in lock with the grounder. "Carter."

"It's poisoned." I spit out. "The bastard poisoned the blade. He knew, that no matter what we did, Finn would die."

"What is it?" Clarke asks, I turn my head only slightly, unaware she had followed me up. "Is there an antidote?"

"He doesn't understand you." Octavia says, and I clench my jaw, not believing that for a second.

"Vials." Bellamy rushes to the vials he had found earlier, Clarke at his side. "It's gotta be here."

"You'd have to be stupid to have a poison around this long without an antidote." Clarke shuffles through the vials. "Which one?"

"Answer the question!"

"Show us...please."

Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia stand to the side, but the grounder keeps his gaze on me. My hand clenches around the handle of the knife, each second that goes by brings Finn closer to death.

"Which one?" Clarke's voice breaks. "Our friend is dying down there and you can stop that!"

There's a moment of silence before I shake my head.

"He won't talk." I tell them.

Bellamy steps forward, "I'll get him to talk."

"Bellamy, no!" I turn my head to see Octavia grab him, and he rounds on her.

"He wants Finn to die, why can't you see that?!"