Chapter 83

The next time I wake up, there's a different person sitting beside me.

My eyes take a little time to adjust and I rub them as I sit up, spotting a head of dark curls with his arms resting on his pulled up knees. His eyes, which were set on the floor, meet mine with a mixed look of surprise and relief.

"Hey," Bellamy says to me, sounding slightly breathless even though he's just been sitting here.

"Hey," mine comes out as a bit of a question as I frown at him. "What's wrong?"

Bellamy shakes his head, "nothing."

I quirk an eyebrow at him, "Blake, you were sitting there watching me sleep until you got lost in your own thoughts."

"I was not watching you sleep," he rolls his eyes at me and shakes his head a little, looking away. "I was just..."

"Looking?" I suggest, causing him to meet my eye again. "You do that a lot."

"Sorry."

I smile faintly, I used to find it annoying and slightly weird, but now I even catch myself 'just looking' at Bellamy too. It's like we're drawn to one another.

Bellamy clears his throat after our moments silence, "how are you feeling?"

"Better," I nod, speaking the truth. My head still aches a bit, but all in all, that second sleep helped my body to rid the excess sickness. I adjust my position so my back rests against the cool metal, bringing my knees up to my chest, mirroring Bellamy.

"Good. I thought Clarke was exaggerating when she said you were the worst one of us to get it."

Us?

I frown at his words, reality sinking in. Bellamy is in the drop ship.

"Wait, Bell, did you get sick?!" I quickly look around the drop ship, there's only a few people scattered around, all of them asleep.

"You didn't know?" Bellamy then shakes his head, ridding the thought. "Yeah, I was, but I'm okay now."

I look back over at him, his skin is slightly paler than his usual olive tone and he has dark circles underneath his eyes.

I don't even want to know what I look like.

Bellamy chuckling breaks me out of my daze, "now you're the one watching me."

It takes me a second, but I smile, "so you admit you were watching me?"

Bellamy shakes his head and looks away, a faint smirk on his lips. "I can't help it," he looks back up at me but then quickly looks down at the floor. "I guess it's because I know how much trouble you can cause when I'm not around."

He smirks and I narrow my eyes at him as he continues, "gotta make sure you don't burn down the camp or something."

I throw the nearest thing to me that I can—an empty cup—at Bellamy, who laughs and easily deflects it. "Jackass," I grumble.

"Come on Trouble, that's not fair." Bellamy gives me a cheeky grin that I can't help but smile at, crossing my arms over my knees and resting my head on my arms.

Bellamy mimics my action, both of us staring at each other, our smiles being hidden by our arms.

A warm feeling starts in my tummy as I look at Bellamy, his suddenly carefree attitude melting away whatever troubles played on my mind. It always makes me wonder how he has that affect on me, even when I'm annoyed at him, his presence in any situation seems to calm me.

I know that I can always rely on him, plus, he's not bad looking either. Actually, he's really good looking.

It's suddenly makes me realise...I like Bellamy.

Holy shit.

22k and to celebrate (as well as fill boredom during this lockdown) a Bellaris dedicated chapter!!

please stay safe, i hope you and your loved ones are all doing okay💜