Chapter 23.

A/N  i've really enjoyed writing these next 3 chapters, i literally stayed up until 2am last night writing 24 and 25 because i just couldn't stop, and i wanted to edit them straight away this morning and post them for you guys! they really get an insight into carter's/chris' mind a lot more, and there's a big hint into her crime she committed back on the Ark, you guys might be able to guess what it is (if you haven't already) but all will be revealed very soon! 

chapter 25 is a long one simply because i couldn't stop writing and it didn't feel right to split that in half, and i'll admit i was a bit teary when writing it last night but i blame the lack of sleep from the whole week. 

also while i'm here i'd like your thoughts on a ship name for carter/chris and bellamy?? carmy?? bellris?? not sure how lame they are but comment your thoughts and any other names!! i would also like to know if you guys want bellamy to call her carter or chris, because chris is a very personal name for her that so far only finn calls her, so i'm not sure whether to wait a couple seasons before that name catches on for him or to just jump right on it and see her reaction...?? (or maybe stick to the nickname at the end of 25?? throwback to the old 'fearless' version rip) 

next few chapters coming soon!! enjoy, don't forget to comment, vote and share!! x

I'm the first one up the next morning, or technically speaking the last one up as I never even slept after Charlotte's confrontation.

I spent the few hours in the cave laying on my side staring at the wall and reliving my life so far. It's safe to say I made some pretty shit decisions, but when I look at the outcome, and what could have happened if I didn't do the things I did, it makes me realise I wouldn't change my past if I could.

I shrug on my jacket when Bellamy sits up and rubs his face tiredly, Charlotte handing him his jacket back. The three of us are silent until she speaks up.

"Do you think it's safe to go outside?" 

"One way to find out." I say before walking briskly out of the cave, Bellamy hastily following me.

"Hey, hold up." 

I walk out of the cave and look around, the fog is gone, and as I look around and the only green I see is the leaves and grass, it's as if it was never even here.

"It's all clear." Bellamy says as he exits after me. "Anybody out here?! Jones?!"

"We're here!" Someone calls out in the distance, and we start making our way toward them.

"Lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Bellamy asks as we draw closer to them.

"Made it to a cave down there." Jones says. "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know."

Bellamy looks over the group to make sure we were all here but frowns. "Where's Atom?" Jones looks at us and shrugs whilst my stomach drops.

Atom saved me from getting caught up in the fog, did he make it out? Is he okay?

I actually like Atom, he's a decent guy and he proved that by helping me yesterday. I swallow thickly and silently hope he's alright.

We end up splitting up to look around for Atom, and every minute that passes makes me more worried for him. A scream sounds from through the trees ahead of us, and I don't hesitate before running towards it the same time as Bellamy.

"Charlotte!" 

Bellamy and I run up behind her and place our hands on her shoulders, calming her and when we look down at what Charlotte was screaming at, I gasp and my eyes widen considerably. 

Lying on the ground is Atom, covered in red sores and burns as his chest moves rapidly whilst he struggles to breathe.

"Son of a bitch." Bellamy mutters, "Atom." He runs down the ditch towards him and I follow, Charlotte staying where she is out of shock.

"Holy shit." I whisper as we get nearer to him, he's gasping for air and his flesh has a putrid smell that makes my stomach churn. My heart clenches at the amount of pain he must be in.

Bellamy and I crouch down on either side of him, half of his face is covered in sores and his eyes are clouded over as if he was blind. I think he is blind. Atom tries to say something to us but I struggle to hear what, so I lean down closer to him as he chokes out his words.

"Kill...me."