Chapter 85

"FIRE!"

Finn and I rush out from the water tent to see the meat shack on fire, the bright flames and smoke rising up through the wood. Most of the camp shout and cry as they gather around the bright blaze.

Bellamy runs towards the burning shack, grabbing a hold of Octavia as she runs out of it, coughing uncontrollably. It takes me a second to snap out of my frozen state before I follow after him, grabbing ahold of Octavia as we set her down on a trunk.

"Are you okay?"

Octavia coughs and nods as Bellamy and I share a brief look, watching as all of our food goes up in flames.

"This is all your fault," I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn my head and watch Murphy stagger over to Del.

"We told you it was too much wood!"

My mouth hangs agape as Murphy pushes and punches Del, Bellamy quickly stepping in and pushing them apart.

"Hey! Hey," Bellamy yells at them both, standing between them with his hands on their chests. "Save it for the Grounders."

Right. The Grounders who we managed to piss off even more when we bought ourselves time for their attack.

I watch the flames with an annoyed frown on my face. At least now they won't have to wait any longer to starve us out.

"Bell now what the hell are we gonna do?" Octavia voices my thoughts to her brother, a pained expression on her face. "That was all the food."

Bellamy remains silent, looking at Clarke and I in turn, all three of us wearing the same annoyed and concerned expressions.

We are so screwed.

"All right, tell me what happened."

Bellamy and I stand in his tent, Murphy standing before us with his arms folded across his body.

"It was Del," Murphy told us confidently, "he kept feeding the fire when it didn't need to be."

"And you just watched him do it?" I question with an eyebrow raised.

"No," Murphy deadpanned, glaring at me. "Octavia was the one who told him not to do it," he turned to Bellamy, "I backed her up and said she was right. He clearly didn't wanna listen to a Grounder Pounder and a traitor."

Bellamy, trying his hardest to ignore his sister's new nickname that's circling camp, simply nods at Murphy.

"All right. You can go."

Murphy slipped out of the tent and I sharply turned to Bellamy.

A couple days ago I came to the outstanding realisation that I have feelings for Bellamy. Against my better judgment, I then decided. But thankfully I've managed to go about it as normal. In fact, I haven't really spoken to him until today.

"Not that I'm questioning your judgement or anything—"

"Because you would never do that," Bellamy cuts me off, his words dropping with sarcasm.