Chapter 64

we're almost at 6k reads!! thank you all so much, enjoy the next few chapters! :) x

-chapters 63, 64 & 65-

Bellamy and I leave his tent and I watch as he goes over to another tent I assume where Clarke is, whilst I go over to the rations area, picking up a readied pack.

I open the packet and pop a couple of the nuts in mouth, looking between Monty and Jasper as I do, both of them staring at me.

"What?" I ask once I swallow my food.

"Nothing."

"Nothing."

I glance between them and narrow my eyes. "Jordan, Green, spit it out."

They look between each other, as if having a silent conversation, before Monty sighs and turns to me. "We were just wondering how you're doing."

"No," Jasper denies, sending a sharp glare to his friend, "we weren't."

I furrow my eyebrows at them both, but before I can question them, Jasper continues.

"We wanted to know what you guys are planning on doing with the grounder."

I take a breath and look away, fiddling with the pack in my hands.

"Is--is he gonna stay here? Are you setting him free?" Jasper continues.

"I don't know." I tell him truthfully, looking at them both. "We haven't figured it out yet, so for now just...don't worry, okay? He's not gonna hurt you."

"Yeah but..." Jasper fades out as Bellamy appears, stuffing about a dozen ration packs into his bag.

I turn away from Jasper and Monty and to Bellamy and then Clarke who appears, a frown on her face.

"That's a lot of rations." She tells him, glancing up at me, "you realise this is a day trip?"

"A lot can happen in a day." Bellamy says without looking at her, scanning the camp instead.

I look at a Clarke and shrug, popping some more food into my mouth.

Bellamy was right, down here, you leave camp and you never know when or even if you'll come back.

Bellamy throws his bag strap over his shoulder and looks down at me. "You gonna be okay?"

I roll my eyes and look between them. "Don't worry about me, don't worry about the camp. We'll all be fine. Just...be safe, okay?"

Clarke nods at me and gives me a weak smile. "Yeah, make sure you go see Finn, he wants to talk to you. And rest, okay?"

"Yes ma'am." I mock salute her and she shakes her head before leaving, making her way through the gate. I chuckle and look up at Bellamy, who stares down at me. "What?"

"Nothing." He says quietly, shaking his head.

I give him a small smile, clearly he's worried about his sister. "Octavia will be okay. I'll keep an eye on her."

He nods, "I know you will."

"Go," I nod over to Clarke, "I'll see you later."

Bellamy looks as if he wants to say something more, but instead nods and turns to leave, following Clarke out of camp.

The moment Bellamy turns his back I turn also, not wanting to see them both leave, and push away the feeling that they might not come back.

I discard my empty ration packet to be used for more, and hobble over to Finn's tent, taking a deep breathe before pushing aside the fabric.