Chapter 55

I lift my head when Octavia comes in from outside, soaking wet from the rain and holding a canister in each hand. She hands one to Clarke and I watch as she unscrews the lid and smells it, recoiling instantly. 

"Monty's moonshine?" She asks. 

"Pretty sure no germ can survive it." Octavia replies, pouring some of the liquid on her hands. 

I stand and grab it from her, doing the same with my own hands. 

"How're you feeling?" 

I look up to see Octavia looking at me, as if analysing me. 

"I'm fine." I say for the tenth time. 

"The storm's getting worse." Clarke comments. "Monroe, close the doors."

"We still have people out there." Monroe tells her. 

"Monty and Jasper still aren't back yet. Neither is Bellamy." Octavia says and I look up with a frown, not knowing Bellamy had even left camp.

"It's all right, the'll find somewhere to ride it out."

"One suture needle." Raven appears, holding out a needle to Clarke.

"Great." Clarke takes it from her and I resume my place beside Finn, brushing his hair back. "I still need something to close the wound."

"There's some wire on the second level." Octavia says, "We used it for the tents."

"Let's see it." 

"Stay away from the blue wires that run through the ceiling, I rigged it to the solar cells on the roof. That means they're hot, you got that?!"

"Yeah I got that." Octavia replies as she goes over to the ladder. 

I avert my gaze to Clarke, who looks slightly panicked. 

"Tell me you can do this." Raven says to her. 

Clarke doesn't get a chance to reply as someone announces that a group has arrived, and who other than Bellamy Blake walks through the drop ship entrance, soaked to the bone followed by two guys carrying something. 

I stand abruptly, knowing what, or rather who it is.

"Bellamy!" Octavia holts her movements up the ladder and comes back down.

The grounder is tied up and dropped onto the floor, a cloth covering his eyes and one in his mouth to stop him talking. I walk over, staring down at him. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Octavia yells.

"It's time to get some answers." Her brother replies casually, as if capturing and torturing a grounder is an everyday occurrence. 

"Oh, you mean revenge?"

"I mean intel. Get him upstairs."

"Bellamy, she's right." Clarke stands in front of him, blocking his way.

"Clarke honey, we're ready. Can you hear me?"