Chapter 66

7K reads thank you all SO MUCH💜

the next few chapters have been ready for a long while but i just haven't had the time to sit and edit them properly so i've just decided to post them anyway! just please bear in mind that they are unedited and i intend for them to hold more detail than they do x

chapters 66, 67 & 68

After making up with Finn and Raven, something that I never would've thought would ever happen, I went to my tent and slept for a while.

The sleep was dreamless and gave me a chance to think more about how I would try to change myself. Despite the recent occurrence with the grounder, I would like to make myself a better person, be more open minded and less...well, me.

When I start to stir from my slumber, I at first think I've slept for so long that Bellamy and Clarke return from their trip to the bunker, because as I look at the back of the person crouched in my tent, my mind assumes it's Bellamy.

"Bell?" I ask, my voice groggy and somewhat distant. I push my body up, resting on my elbow as I rub at my eyes.

The person turns to face me, and the moment I see their face, the air escapes my lungs and my heart skips a beat.

He looks just like he did that day; in his work uniform that had seen better days, hair starting to grey, frown lines on his forehead, and his same malicious eyes staring right at me. The same blue eyes as mine.

It's him.

Aaron Carter. My father.

"Hello Christine." He smiles at me, a sickly knowing smile that sends a chill down my spine.

"H...how...?" I whisper but my voice then turns hard and cold when I remember everything that he did, everything that he said.

"What do you want?" I snap at him.

He laughs, the manic sound somehow reverberating around my small tent. "I wanted you to see me."

"Why would I ever want to see you?" My eyes narrow at my father. My heart begins to beat faster, afraid of what will happen, of what he'll say.

"To remind yourself." He tells me, "you need to remember who you are."

"I know who I am."

"No, you don't." He shakes his head at me and smirks. "Look at you, Christine, you walk around out there, acting like you're in charge. You and I both know that boy is the real leader around here, you're just some girl who tags along trying to act like one of the grown ups."

"I am a leader here."

He laughs again, loudly, and causes me to jump at the sound, no matter how hard I try to stay on my guard around him.

Why the fuck is he here?

I'm dreaming, right? It's impossible that he's actually here.

"You're no leader." He tells me, "a leader knows what happens in their domain, you don't know a damn thing about that camp."