Chapter 79

"What the hell is your problem?!"

Bellamy sets me down once were secured in his tent, and the anger on his face matches mine.

"My problem!?" I yell at him, "have you forgotten what that bastard--"

"Of course I haven't forgotten!" Bellamy yells back, silencing me. "I could have happily put a bullet through his skull right then and there if Clarke hadn't of made a fair enough point."

When I say nothing his jaw clenches and he carries on, "I have enough to worry about around camp--Murphy now included--that I don't have time to worry about Carter-the-ticking-time-bomb."

"I'm not--"

"Yes you are," Bellamy says harshly, cutting me off. He sighs and shifts his stance so his hands are on his hips, an action I've noticed he does when stressed. "I don't know what the hell's happened to you recently Carter, maybe it's consequences from the concussion, or something else that you're not telling me...but either way, I can't have you running around camp acting the way you have been."

I fold my arms across my chest and try to act normal, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, really? So you mean to tell me that you, Finn and Raven are all besties again? Because you guys sure aren't acting like it."

"That's none of your business, Bellamy," I say sharply, narrowing my eyes.

Bellamy also folds his arms across his chest and stares down at me, the two of us, stubborn as we are, trying to wear the other down.

"We're meant to be a team, Chris," Bellamy says in a regular tone. "We're supposed to trust each other, it's the only way everyone else, will trust us."

"It's hard to trust someone when you can't even trust yourself," I mumble under my breath, averting my gaze from Bellamy.

"What did you just say?"

I shake my head and unfold my arms, "nothing. I'm going to my tent, I need to sleep."

Bellamy doesn't stop me as I leave his tent and make my way over to my own, collapsing into the bed without even taking off my boots, and not even caring. I pull the sleeping bag up to my chin and allow the exhaustion to quickly overcome me, dragging me into a deep slumber.

My dream is rather patchy, but it consists of basically everyone in camp, all staring at me but not saying anything. No one will tell me what's going on, they're all standing in a circle, not letting me leave until they turn around, walking away from me.

When I wake up, it's due to a tight, scratchy feeling in my chest that makes me cough unbearably.

Ugh, I probably swallowed a bug or something. Gross.

I rub the palms of my hands over my heavy eyes, feeing something wet produce from them. I frown, not remembering anything that happened that would make me cry in my sleep, but when I look at my hands and see red, panic rushes through me.

I quickly sit up, the action giving me a small dizzy spell. I take my clean--or as clean as they can be whilst living in the woods--fingertips and dab under my eyes until I feel any liquid, looking at them to see a red liquid. Blood.

"What the fuck?" I whisper, trying the throw my sleeping bag off of me so I can go find Clarke.

"Carter!" Bellamy's head pops into my tent, worry written all over his face that only deepens when he sees me. "Shit, it's happening to you too."

"What is?" I ask, "Bellamy what is this?" I hold my hands out to him so he can see the blood.

"The Grounders infected Murphy with something that spreads through contact from him." Bellamy explains with a clenched jaw, "You, Clarke and Connor are also infected...and Derek's now dead."

"Dead?" I repeat, my voice quiet.

"We need to get you to the dropship, try not to touch anything or anyone, okay?"

I nod, tumbling out of bed and clambering to my feet, exiting my tent and following Bellamy across the camp. My head starts to become more foggy with each step I take but I shake it off, needing to get to the dropship.

"You okay?"

"Peachy," I say to Bellamy, moments before my legs give in beneath me.