Chapter 8.

When the rain does eventually stop, everyone starts to call it a night, and finds a spot to get some sleep. Most go back inside the drop ship due to the now wet grass and mud, but I'm sick of seeing nothing but metal. I choose a spot at the base of a tree, curling my legs beneath me and resting my head against the moss on the trunk behind me.

The chatter of the other delinquents starts to fade as everyone drifts off to sleep, but I continuously toss and turn, my mind unable to shut off.

I sigh and look up at the starry sky. What a day it's been. I woke up this morning rotting in my cell with only a couple weeks left to live, now, I'm lying on Earth with the rest of my life ahead of me.

I never thought this day would ever come, but it has. A part of me wants to change who I am, have a fresh start. But I know it will be too hard.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts when I see a figure walk through the camp area, and go behind one of the trees. I avert my gaze, they clearly have business
to do, but when I see them emerge again with another figure, I see it's Bellamy and Wells.

Without thinking twice, I jump up and quietly follow them through the trees.

If Bellamy is taking Wells somewhere, it can't be for anything good. A part of me wants to just go back to sleep, let them be, but for some reason I don't think I can do that. This is me trying to be better.

I think.

I quietly follow Bellamy and Wells through the trees for a long time, until we reach a rocky clearing, trying to stay as far back as possible but still in hearing range.

What the hell is Bellamy doing? Is he going to kill Wells?

Heck, we might even have something in common then.

"That's far enough." Bellamy says, and Wells turns to face him. "I don't want to shoot you Wells..."

Shoot? Since when did Bellamy have a fucking gun?

It's probably why he thinks he deserves all the power.

"Hell, I like you...but I do need them," He points the gun up into the sky, indicating to the Ark, "to think you're dead."

"Why? Why are you doing this, for real, not some crap about getting to do what you wanna do?" Wells asks.

"I have my reasons. I also have the gun so, I ask the questions. And the question is, why aren't you helping me? Carter is right, your dad banished you Wells, and yet, here you are still doing his bidding, following the rules. Aren't you tired of always doing what's expected of you? Stand up to him. Take off that wristband, and you'll be amazed at how good it feels"

"No. Never. Not gonna happen. Is that clear enough for you?"

"Yeah it is. I'm sorry it had to be this way."

I frown when Bellamy puts the gun at his back, and my head turns to the side when figures emerge from behind the rocks.

I stand from my position and walk forward when Murphy and his crew stop Wells from running away.

My footsteps have Bellamy and Murphy turn, startled.

"We're not killing him." Bellamy says, clearly not too shocked that I'm there.

"Get off of me!" Wells yells as the guys hold him the ground. "No!" He struggles against them but it's four against one.

"I wouldn't stop you even if you did." I stand beside Bellamy as Murphy walks over to Wells, his wrist being held out for him.

"If the Ark thinks he's dead they won't come down." I continue. "You made a good call."

Bellamy looks down at me as Wells cries out in pain, Murphy obviously not holding back. He doesn't reply, instead turns and walks away from the scene.

I look back at Wells, trying, trying to feel some remorse for him, but I can't. It's not just because he's Jaha's son. Or maybe it is.

I guess I'm just too broken.