Sharing Secrets

I have so many plans for when Oliver and Felicity come.

Barry came back to the lab with cuts and bruises on his face. Apparently, he tried to fight off multiple bad guys and lost. I dab his cheek where a cut is. He winces at the sting from the antiseptic medicine.

"Sorry, I'm trying to be as gentle as possible."

"You're doing fine Anna," Barry assures me.

"The abrasions are already rapidly healing." Caitlin says trying to lighten the mood that he's in.

"Yeah, I got my ass handed to me." He winces again as I blot the other side.

"You got blood on my suit."

"Cisco, this is not the time." I exclaim as I continue to clean Barry up.

"I think some of it belongs to him. Another not so friendly meta-human." Dr. Well's pulls up a file for us to see.

"Danton Black. He's a bio-geneticist specialized in therapeutic cloning. Growing new organs to replace failing ones."

"Apparently, Stagg stole his research and then fired him." I say as I continue to read up on this meta-human.

"I saw Black create duplicates from his own body." Barry says finally getting the strength to stand back up.

"That's pretty ironic. The guy specialized in cloning and now he can make Xeroxes of himself." Cisco can always find a time and place to make a joke.

"If he was experimenting on himself when he was exposed to the dark matter wave released by the Particle Accelerator explosion..."

"Meet Captain Clone." We all give Cisco a what the hell look. "Don't worry, I'll come up with something cooler."

"Or maybe we don't name the bad guys." I point out.

"Hey, none of your negativity Anna." I want to argue with Cisco but I notice Barry heading towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" I ask him stopping him in his tracks.

"Joe was right. I'm in way over my head. Yeah, I'm fast, but I am no warrior. Man, I could barely fight one meta-human, let alone six." He just needs someone to teach him how to harness his powers and make the most of it. He is new to all of this and it will take time for him to gain full access to everything he's able to do.

"Barry. I understand. Today was a setback. But any grand enterprise has them. And we can never learn to fly without crashing a few times."

"This wasn't a grand enterprise, Dr. Wells. This was a mistake." Barry walks out and no one is stopping him. How can someone have so little hope and beliefs in his own abilities?

__________________________________
After some testing and manipulation, Caitlin and I were able to isolate a sample of blood from Barry's suit that we believed to belong to Danton Black. So far, the clone isn't doing anything but Caitlin still believed we need to call Barry despite him walking out on us. And they thought I was the best one to call him and I hated having to beg someone to come back to something they don't want any part of.

"I told you I was through..."

"Hey, enough with your doom and gloom. We need you to get to S.T.A.R. Labs now!" It didn't take much more than that for Barry to come whooshing in to stand off against the clone.

"Barry, it's okay." I inform him trying to stop him from doing anything stupid.

"It is not okay, Black is here. And he's just...standing there. That's not him, is it?" He asks us.