So Much for Tomorrow

Here's the last of season 2. Please enjoy this will be a rollercoaster of emotions. Enjoy.

I haven't felt such pain in so long. Losing Henry in the horrific way we did was unimaginable. Barry was in so much pain when he came back with Henry. I broke inside as he told us how he died. I was ashamed and disgusted that any version of myself would do such horrific things. Surprisingly enough Barry wasn't cold to me he was closer to me than ever before. We needed each other more than before. I told Barry I would cover all the expenses for his father and he didn't want to take the money but I didn't care. This is not something he should be worrying about right now. Standing over Henry's coffin at the cemetery brought back all fo the horrible memories of my parent's murder and Oliver's funeral his mother had for him. Each of them forever ingrained in my mind. "And comfort us today with the word of your promise as we return your brother to the earth, and leave us with hope that one day, we'll meet again." Everyone looks to Barry who is hesitant to say anything but he steps forward.

"Uh...my fathers...I can't do this right now."

"It's okay." I assure him and steps back. I step forward clearing my throat. "Henry Allen suffered immensely in his life. He lost his wife Nora and his son Barry. He lived with people thinking the worse of him for something he didn't do. But he did no one thing. His son Barry never stopped believing he was innocent, fighting for him and loving him. Henry showed us that love is not something to laugh at. It's not foolish for anyone to do things out of love because it's the love he shared with us all that will stay with us forever. He is and forever will be a great man, who will love on in our hearts." Barry grabs one of the roses and lays it on his father's coffin.

"I'm going to find them, dad. I'm going to take from them what they took from you." There is so much anger in his voice it scares me what he'll do. He won't think correctly and it could get him killed.

Barry is distant as we head back to The West household. I join him outside and he looks at me with a smile. "When I was in the Speed Force, I felt like I'd finally come to grips with her death, with not saving here when I went back. And then the moment...when I'm finally at the place I can move on, my father's taken from me. How am I ever supposed to find peace with that?" He looks at me on the brink of tears.

"You may never find peace with it, Barry." I answer him fully. I reach for his hand. "I don't know how you can sit next to me after..."

"Hey..." He holds my face. "You're nothing like her. She is a monster and I will stop her."

"My double killed your father in front of you and you can still l..."

"She killed him like it was nothing and all I wanted was to make them feel the pain I'm feeling."

"Revenge doesn't make the hole in your heart go away." He looks at me. "It will make you cold and turn your heart black. You'll no longer be you."

"I want to end them."

"I'll support you Barry but killing them for your father won't make you feel better.."

"I believe it will be."

"Because you're grieving. You're not thinking clearly."

"She ripped his heart out like it was nothing and smiled as she did it."

"she's a heartless person who...will die alone."

"Not alone." I look at him.

"I'll be the one to kill her."

"You want to end her life that badly?"

"Wouldn't you? If you could have been the one to kill the man who killed your parents wouldn't you want that?"