What the Jay?

I love all the feedback and originally I was thinking of Steve Rogers story but based on your comments I'm thinking of changing my story. You all are right there aren't many Tony centered stories besides ones of him having a sister and I feel really inspired to write a good one for Tony. I love Pepperony but I think I can write an even better character that will do some justice to the amazing relationship they have.

"Hey!" Wells barges into the training room upset. "I know you took the V-9 Allen."

"Wel..."

"No, I haven't." Barry defends himself.

"Oh, no?"

"No." I step back in shock as Barry pulls out the vial. "I took it, but I haven't taken it yet."

"Barry wh..." I shake my head not understanding what is going through his mind. We just had this heart to heart and he still even after everything we told him about the drug was willing to take it at one point or another.

"Good." Wells is still guarded.

"Tell me why I shouldn't."

"Figure it out." Wells fires back.

"Barry, we gave you a sound reason why not to take the drug. We will find another way to defeat Zoom. One where you don't have to kill yourself for it." I try and remind him but his guard is up.

"If the game is already rigged, why can't I level the playing field? I mean if everybody else is cheating, how can...I want to be fast enough to stop Zoom and any speedster that tries to hurt my friends. Shouldn't I use everything in my power to do that?"

"You want to take a shortcut; is that right? You want to take a shortcut? Remember this. You lose a chunk of your humanity every time you compromise your values." Barry instead of taking what Wells has to say laughs.

"Sorry, that's really good coming from you."

"So don't be like me. Be better. Be like Jay." Wells walks off and I know Barry is conflicted right now.

"You took the drug even after we warned you about it."

"I had no other choice, Anna. I have to beat him. I have to save everyone."

"By literally ending your life early. You're not doing something heroic by killing yourself to save us. If you're going to die do it by being a hero that everyone deserves but not by being a martyr. We can help you defeat Zoom Barry. It may not be today or tomorrow even but we will do it."

"I didn't take it. I want to take it and I should."

"Jay was losing his speed because of the drug. It makes you fast for a second and then it wears off making you want more. In fact, you will crave more and more but it won't be enough. We can train you to become faster but if your cellular structure eats away at you from the inside there is little we can do to stop it."

"What would you do in my situation? Would you let a whole Earth suffer because you weren't good enough to protect them?"

"What good will you be if you die?"

"I won't die you guys will find a way to..."

"So you believe that will find, what a cure for V-9. But you can't believe we will help you get fast enough to defeat Zoom." I shake my head at Barry. I love him so much but sometimes he doesn't think. "You either believe in our abilities 100% of the time or none at all Barry. We're here for you either way."

__________________________________
I head up leaving Barry to either take the drug or decide he is stronger without it. "Hey, any luck locating the speedster since Eliza checked out?" Barry comes asks.