29// Mild Celebrations and Albert The Elephant

Lea hadn't tried to kill me in the past few days... which was an achievement. No white strings or jackhammers found.

I got out of the hospital at nine in the morning, and everything was okay. There was no blood in the brain or skull. Hilary was okay and wished us the best, and there were no murder ex-best friends on the loose. Best day ever....

To celebrate my recovery (if there were anything to recover from), and my birthday, Logan and I decided to go to the carnival by the coast together.

It was sunset, and the sky was the prettiest I've ever seen in my life. The sea was a deep purple and so was the sky, except for the area where the sun and sea intersect. There, the sky was an orange color, and not the ugly orange that you might see on a banner or advertisement. The type of orange that seems to blend with every color. The beautiful kind of orange.

"You ready to have fun?" Logan said smiling, as we walked up to the entrance of the carnival. I nodded and smiled back.

"Happy Birthday," he said kissing my cheek, grabbing my hand, and pulling me into the carnival, paying the person in front.

We walked around a bit and watched as couples in their early twenties appeared, and met up with other couples in their early twenties. The little children who were drunk on cotton candy were being dragged by their parents as they complained about going on one more ride on the carousel. I smiled, cause I used to do the same... when I was six of course.

After a while, Logan said, "So what do you want to go on first?"

"The ferris wheel? But win me something first?" I said smiling and giving him puppy dog eyes.

He smiled, and pulled me to a stall where you had to knock down cans by throwing a mini bean bag. "Three bean bags please," he said giving the woman at the counter a five dollar bill. She took the bean bags with minimum interest, but when she dropped them in front of Logan and realized who he was, she froze and her eyes started to look as big as basketballs.

"L-L- L uh- Loga- Loga."

"Yea thanks," he said raising his eyebrows, and doing a polite smile that he always does. He ignored that the lady was on the verge of freaking out, and turned to me.

"What do you say? I get them all in one throw, or I don't knock any down," he said.

"I say you'll only knock down the top one," I replied.

He shrugged and threw one, and missed. I laughed. "Aww it's okay babe, you can do it this time," I said hugging him. He rolled his eyes and threw another one, and to my surprise, he knocked them all down. My mouth dropped, and it was his turn to laugh this time.

"L-L- L uh- Loga- Loga," the lady continued.

"Nice," I said to Logan, and he looked at me and smirked.

"Can I have the giant elephant please?" he said. He remembered that my favorite animal was an elephant.

The lady performed the continuous self-monologue of 'L uhs' and 'Logas', and didn't seem to notice that we were talking to her.

"C-Can I have a p-picture?" she said. Logan looked embarrassed, but he said yes politely anyway. The lady took out her phone, and shoved it to me and asked me if I could take it. I took the phone, and the picture, and handed her phone back.

She went behind the stall again, took the giant elephant, and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I said to her.

We walked away, and stopped Logan so I could kiss him. I pressed my lips to his, and pulled him closer to me. Then I pulled away still wishing that it could last for longer.

"What was that for?" he whispered, wrapping his hand around my waist and pulling me close, my giant elephant flattening between us.

"A thank you.. and also because I just wanted to kiss you," I said.

"I know, my lips are unbearable," he said smirking.

I shook my head and kissed him again, but only for a second.

"We're squishing Albert," Logan said.

"Oh so now his names Albert?" I said.

"Well I always thought that if we owned something together, for example, a stuffed animal, we would name it Albert."

"And if it was a girl stuffed animal?"

"Alberta."

I smiled, and pulled him to the Ferris wheel, which didn't have a very long line. Within five minutes we were in one of the many Ferris wheel crates, which had a bench so we could sit. We sat down, our hands never breaking apart. I put my head on his shoulder, and watched as we ascended into the darkening sky.

Everything was perfect. If the Ferris wheel stopped turning because it was broken, I wouldn't mind, because he was the only person I wanted to be with. This time it was just us. No one to ruin our moment. No one to stop us if we kissed. Just Me, Logan, and Albert/Alberta.

"This is perfect," I said, loud enough for him to hear, but I said to no one, really.

"What?" Logan said, chuckling afterwards.

"This. Everything. You being here with me... and Albert/Alberta. Looking at a small piece of California, not having any disturbances," I said.

Logan set his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. He kissed my forehead, and there we sat, on the Ferris wheel, far from reality, not having any worries to think about.

Just us in the here and now. Just me, Logan, and Albert/Alberta.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A.N.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey guys,

I have a very serious and important matter to discuss with you guys... 1000 READS!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE FRICKING BEST!!! Honestly I stayed up until 1:00 in the morning until I saw the number in dark red... Honestly my story has been up for like a month, and I can't thank you guys enough for reading my story and voting. It's amazing how I put this story on here with no intention of getting 1000 reads, and here I sit... Freaking out... telling literally everyone. You guys are amazing, and I have no intention of stopping this story any time soon.

Thank you so much...

Kenya :*