30//Unimaginative Drunks and Levi

It was raining outside, and I couldn't have been more bored. It doesn't just rain in California. When it rains in the summer, it has to be at least ninety degrees, and very humid. Having your windows open definitely doesn't help you keep cool.

        I sat in the living room, clutching onto the huge gray elephant that Logan and I had named Albert/Alberta. I watched the black TV, wondering if would turn on by itself, because I didn't want to turn it on.

        I thought it would be great if I could just have one day by myself. Logan was probably doing something that involved film, which is why he texted me that he was busy today. Ryan and Stella were doing something upstairs in his bedroom, and I honestly didn't want to know what. My parents were, of course, working.

        "Haha I'll see you tomorrow babe," Stella said, walking funny and leaning on Ryan, stumbling out of the door. Her blond hair was messy, and her shorts were so short it looked like she wasn't wearing any pants under her button up dress top, which I'm sure didn't belong to her.

        Ryan walked into the living room and sat down next to me. I kept looking at Ryan as he turned on the tv and turned the channel to Cartoon Network. Ryan looked back at me, and then he shrugged and raised his eyebrows. "What?" he said.

        "You gonna tell me what that was?" I said.

        "What what was?"

        "Why Stella looks like a drunk person."

        "Oh because she is drunk... she's been drinking for the entire day."

        I shook my head. My brother deserved better. Much better.

        "Why are you still with her?" I asked.

        "Because.. I-I-- uh.."

        "Okay look dude. It's not a good sign if someone asks you why you are with someone, and you're not sure why."

        "Just give me a minute!" he said. I waited, and much longer than a minute. "She's  pretty."

        "Oh my god. Ryan, you deserve to be with someone that makes you feel happy, and light, and makes the world freeze when you see them," I said. "That makes you feel the same way that I feel when I'm with Logan."

        "So, why are you with Logan then?"

       "Because I love him. Because when I'm with him, I feel vulnerable, and open, and confident. He puts me on a throne and treats me like a princess, and I have to be honest, as weird as that sounds, I like the feeling. Because of the little things. The way he kisses me, and holds me. Gently but firmly. Just to confirm that I am his and he is mine," I said confidently.

        He nodded, and looked down as if he felt guilty. "Well maybe I'll find a girl that makes me feel that way."

        I smiled and shook my head. "Brother, I'm bored, and it's your job to entertain me," I said.

        He sighed, and called someone. "Hey mom. Is it okay if go do it now? I have the money with me, and Faye and I are bored. Pleeeeeeeease?" My brother said on the phone. Ugh he's so lame, but I love him anyway. "Okay thanks mom bye. Tell dad. Yes okay mom. Yes I did put my underwear in the dryer mom. Okay bye." He hung up, and took my hand and pulled me so that I would get off the couch, and shoved me out of the living room.

        "Go get dressed were gonna go somewhere," he said.

        "Where?" I said, hoping it wasn't some scary place.