「 three 」

Young Eun's POV
"Hey Charlotte, can you please tell Jimin that I can't go to work today? I'll work extra tomorrow, I promise."

"Hm sure."

I ended the call after thanking her. School just ended a few minutes ago.

I needed to inform Charlotte to tell Jimin, also known as our boss that I'll not be able work today.

Stuffing my phone into my pocket, I clutched onto the straps of my bag and headed to the alley behind our school.

It was daytime. But because of the tall buildings that were covering the sunlight, the alley was filled with nothing but silence and darkness.

Once I reached a dead end, I saw a figure standing at the corner there, hands in his pockets. Even though it was dark, but I could tell it was Jungkook for sure.

I walked towards him with hesitant steps, questioning myself whether or not, should I be doing this.

They say to follow your heart, right?
And, I did—

"Hey Jungkook?"
I called out to him and stood a little bit far away from him, keeping a distance between ourselves.

He lifted up his head and turned to look at me with yet, another blank expression.

Is he even human—

"How do you know my name? I've never told you— Whatever just keep your mouth shut and follow me."
He ordered as I quickly nodded, obeying him.

His eyes darkened out of the blue. He bent down and lifted up the cover to a big drain that was on the ground.

"Hop in."
He gestured me to jump inside the hole as I just stared at him blankly.

Looking down to the ugly and dirty looking drain that has dead leaves scattered all over, I gulped nervously and bit my bottom lip.

"Jungkook, are you— Wait YAH!"

Once I turned to face him, he pushed my shoulders and made my foot slip, causing me to fall inside the hole, landing on my bum.

"Ouch.."
I whined in pain and massaged my precious butt cheeks. Soon, Jungkook hop in too and sealed the hole with the cover.

Is he like some kind of detective—

"JUNGKOOK A CRIKET"

I squealed and wrapped my legs around Jungkook's torso, jumping on top of him as my heart pounded loudly.

Jungkook sighed and shook his head. He then stepped on the cricket and killed it brutally by squishing the poor cricket.

"Rip"
I mumbled and got off of Jungkook who was wearing a disgusted expression.

After apologising to him, he shrugged it off and walked in to the tunnel as I followed behind him quietly.     

The tunnel was narrow and dark. It sent chills down to my spine. Luckily the ground wasn't wet or muddy. If not, I'll have to sacrifice my precious shoes.

I wonder where he's taking me. But I've got a bad feeling about this. I mean, who even lives or works underground?

I was deep in my thoughts, I didn't even realise that Jungkook stopped on his tracks. I ended up bumping into his back.

"Ow.."
I whimpered and rubbed my nose.

He exhaled sharply and turned around to face me. A small "reassuring" smile spread across his dimly lit face. He brought out his hand and looked into my eyes.