「 thirty-seven 」

Young Eun's POV
"Nobody touches my woman."

I turned around and raced into his embrace as his arms were locked around my waist.

"Jungkook.."

I grabbed a fist full of his hair unknowingly. I was just too happy to see him here as I let out a tear of maybe joy and fear.

"It's okay, you're safe now, I'm here."
He stroked my hair continuously and eventually, I stopped crying and melted in his arms.

We pulled away and saw Kai and his men getting dragged into the police car. Before Kai stepped into the vehicle, he glared at me, Jungkook, Namjoon and Jung Hwa with pure hatred visible in his eyes.

I let out a sigh of relief when they left to the police station.

When I turned around, Jungkook was already on the ground, whimpering as he locked gaze with Jung Hwa, his long lost sister.

Jungkook's POV
"N-Noona?"

I can't believe it. She's here. It's really her, right?

"K-Kookie, please don't cry.."
She rushed over to my side and knelt down beside me, bringing me into her warm embrace.

I miss this. I miss her. I miss her everything.

"How can I not cry? I-Is it really you? After all these years, where have you been? Why are you here? I need an explanation!"
I pushed her gently and rubbed the tears on my cheeks with the back of my hand.

She placed her hand on my cheeks with a small smile.
"I needed to protect you, Kookie."

"Protect me?! What—"

"Listen!"
She raised her voice a little and I shut up immediately, nodding for her to continue.

"I-I didn't wanted to leave you too, but I had no choice. Kai was obsessed with me. What he wants, is me and money. If I don't follow him, you'll die by his hands. I don't want you to die because of me, I needed to protect you. So I thought that leaving you, might just be the best option. You were too young to die. I miss you so much, Kookie."

After explaining everything, she hugged me tightly again and I gladly hugged her back, leaning my head on her shoulder as I let even more to tears fall.

"Noona, please you didn't have to leave me. You should've just explained the situation to me and we could've worked together to figure things out. Do you know how lonely I have been for all these years? It was almost ten years of loneliness without you. I miss you so much I could just die."
We pulled away as she wiped the tears on my wet cheeks with a chuckle.

"Yah, you were just a kid back then. You wouldn't understand anything. I'm just glad to see you again. Please forgive me for leaving you."

"Of course I'll forgive you. Just promise me to never leave me alone ever again. I'm all grown up now. I will protect you, so don't leave me."

"I promise."

We linked our pinky fingers together and she leaned in to place a quick peck on my cheek. People may think that it's disgusting for us brother and sister to be this close, but she was my whole world since I was a kid.