「 thirty-six 」

Young Eun's POV
Is she who I think she is? Big. Round. Brown. Eyes.

I stood there for awhile, debating whether I should try to start up a conversation with her.

Nah, she's not her.

Just when I was about to walk out of the convenient store, her phone rang. She answered it and put it on speaker since she was concentrating on choosing her chip's flavour.

Me being a nosy ass, I pretended to look around the convenient store so that I don't look suspicious. Yes, I am eavesdropping.

"Yah, Jeon Jung Hwa, where are you now?!"

"I'm buying some chips and ramyun, want some?"

"Are you serious? Come back this instant!"

"I will, calm down."

She ended the call.

My eyes widened, my whole body was trembling. I don't even know why I'm scared, or am I nervous?

She's Jungkook's sister. I'm sure of it. What is she doing here? Why was she talking to a rude man? Oh my god, I need to call Jungkook.

Wait, what if she's avoiding Jungkook? Detective mode on.

I quickly fished out my phone from my bag and texted Jungkook, hoping he would reply me asap and fortunately, he did.

-"Jungkook, call me"

"Why? Is anything wrong?"-

-"Yes, call me now"

The lady was at the counter now, paying for her snacks. I stood a few steps behind her to make sure she hears me.

My phone rang and I answered it immediately, putting it on speaker.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. Do you want me to grab you some mint?"

"..."

"Jungkook?"

She turned her head towards me with an unreadable expression but quickly turned back when our gaze met. Gotcha.

"Ah, you seriously wanted me to call you because of this?"

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, I'm serious. So do you want a mint?"

She eyed me again.

"Yes, please and come back soon. I'm worried."

"Got it and don't be. I'm fine on my own."

I hung up and saw her, Jeon Jung Hwa, fidgeting her fingers as her eyes darted to everywhere but me.

"Excuse me, ma'am"

I smiled at her politely and hinted that she was blocking my way to the counter.

"O-Oh! I'm so sorry.."

She moved away and raced out of the convenient store as I bought Jungkook's mint.

Should I follow her?
No, I'll probably get killed by the man she talked to on the phone.

Did my heart tell me to follow her?
Yes, for the sake of Jungkook.