「 twenty-six 」

Young Eun's POV
"I'm sorry but you better stay away from Daehwi if you don't want to see me do something crazy again."

Immediately, I yanked his hand away from mine and stood up, getting ready to leave the room but Jungkook stopped me. He held onto my arm once again and brought me to face him.

"You do realise what you just said was stupid, right?"
I raised a brow at him, anger boiling up in my veins but I controlled myself so that I wouldn't explode and bury him alive.

He nodded.
"I know, I know I'm crazy but please give me a chance, give us a chance."
He took both of my hands into his, holding them tightly.

I narrowed my eyes at him with a confused expression.
"Yes, you are definitely crazy. You are the one who ignored me, knocked down my boyfriend with a car, then begged for forgiveness and after that threatened me to stay away from my own boyfriend and now you're soft again? What are you—"

"Fine. If you hate me that much, just get out."

He slowly let go of my hand and walked to the door. He opened the door and waited for me to leave with his arms folded.

"I-I really don't understand you."
I heaved out in disbelief and stomped out of the room. Mixed feelings were now lingering in my head and heart.

Jungkook's POV
"I'm sorry"
I sighed after she left the room, sliding down to the floor.

I pulled my knees up together and hugged them tightly as my chin rested on my knees.

"I'm a mess."

Young Eun's POV
"Leaving already?"
A cute familiar voice rang in my ears. I quickly turn around to find Jimin standing by the stairs.

"Aw Jimin" I frowned.

♣︎♣︎♣︎

"I mean I'm really not trying to be rude or mean here but I seriously don't understand Jungkook. It annoys me so much that I could just—"

Before I could finish my sentence, Jimin shushed me by forcing a whole slice of cake into my mouth.

"You don't and can't understand him because he's been through lots of stuff that you can't imagine."
He explained calmly as he handed me a napkin.

I slowly finished eating the cake and drank some water.
"Why can't you just tell me what he's been through so that I can understand him and then maybe I won't be so mad at him?"

He furrowed his brows at me and shook his head without hesitation.
"No way, no can do. These are his personal stories. He has to tell you everything himself when he is ready. You see, his story is way complicated and beyond your imagination."

"Oh, come on" I whined, frustrated but Jimin has a point. These are Jungkook's stories and it's a little rude if Jimin just told me the whole thing.

"Nuh-uh" He shook his head once again as I pouted.

♣︎♣︎♣︎
"Is Daehwi not with you again?"
Lisa questioned with her brows raised.

"Nope. He's still resting."
I sighed, resting my head on the desk helplessly.

"Is he sick or—"

"No! He is perfectly fine! He's j-just lazy?"
I quickly stood up and cut Rose off when she mentioned about Daehwi not attending classes. I wasn't sure whether to tell them about the car accident.

"Chill, why're you so worked up? Are you okay? You're really acting weird lately." The two girls eyed at me suspiciously. It was awkward for me.

I nodded with a smile and sat back down as the professor entered the class.