「 twenty-two 」

Young Eun's POV
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
I huffed and folded my arms as I raised an eyebrow at Jungkook questioningly. I dragged him out of the cafeteria and now we were at the school hallways.

"Nothing"
He muttered under his breath, his head hung low.

"Nothing? You just told Daehwi that I'm you're girlfriend when I'm not, and Daehwi, out of all the guys in the world"
I raised my voice a little, getting frustrated but I held in my anger.

Jungkook finally looked up, our eyes locked. I was still glaring into his soul.

When he didn't say anything, I spoke up again.
"What happened to the 'don't ever talk to me blablabla' Jungkook?"

He then went speechless again. I waited for his answer patiently. After a few minutes of silence, he bit his bottom lip and took a step closer to me as I backed away from him.

"Y-You like Daehwi?"
He whispered so softly that I can barely hear him, his voice cracked.

I froze at his words. He sounded like he was going to cry. It's rare to see this weak and baby side of Jungkook. Usually, he's rough, cold and kinda playful but now, he was soft.

It took a few minutes for me to finally think of an answer. I stood up straight and nodded.
"I actually do like Daehwi"
I said boldly.

Jungkook's POV
"I actually do like Daehwi"
She said firmly.

Everything stopped. I was shocked at her words. My heart skipped a beat when she said that, I just couldn't believe my ears. I thought that she would've chosen me.

Even though I said that I wanted us to be strangers, but I can't help but to feel that deep down, I still have feelings for her. I wanted to talk to her everyday but I just can't.

Now, she has fallen in love with Daehwi. There's no more chance for me anymore. I shouldn't have said those words, I wish I could take back those words that I said to her.

It was dumb of me to say those words, because this is the first time someone has made my heartbeat again.

It felt weird, it felt so wrong, I promised myself that I would only love her but now, my heart is beating for another person. That's why, I told myself to stay away from Young Eun.

But now, I just can't keep my hands to myself.

Young Eun's POV
After I confessed that I have feelings for Daehwi, Jungkook just stood there, frozen.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and waited for him to speak again.

After god knows how long, he finally breathed in and exhaled sharply, a small smile formed on his pale face.

"I was wrong"

That was all he said before slowly walking away from me. My shoulders slumped as I let out a heavy sigh, ruffling my hair out of frustration.

I started to question myself if I said anything wrong or if I hurt him. But no, he was the one who told me to act like we're strangers, it clearly means that he doesn't want anything to do with me.

However, why is he still bothering me? Why is he still talking to me and why does he care if I'm interested in another guy?

I shrugged off my thoughts and put that to the 'unimportant' side of my brain.

Just when I was about to turn into the cafeteria again, someone blocked me and I bumped into a person's chest.

"Ow"
I rubbed my forehead and tried to look up but that person held my head down.

"Who are you and what are you—"
I tried to release myself from that person's grip but I couldn't. Well, it was obvious that it's a guy because of his strong grip.

Instead of answering me, he pulled me into his embrace and caressed my head gently, still not allowing me to look up, so my face was basically facing his chest.

"I heard what you said"

His voice sounded familiar. I thought for a second and someone came across my mind. I recognised that voice, it was Daehwi.

"What d-did you hear?"
I questioned, mentally freaking out when my voice came out cracking.

"Young Eun, I just want to tell you that I like you too and w-will you be my g-girlfriend?"

"..."

My mind stopped functioning for a moment, this is the first time someone ever confessed to me and it was Daehwi, out of all the guys, Daehwi.

My heartbeat quickened, it was thumping oh so loudly, I was afraid that Daehwi might hear it beat so fast. I could feel my cheeks turning into a shade of pink, slowly, my cheeks became as red as a tomato.

I looked up to him and this time he placed his hands at the back of my neck, allowing me to take a good look of his features.

He was waiting for me to answer him with a huge grin on his face, but his hands were trembling, I guess he's really nervous.

"That's a big ass yes"
I finally replied, a bright smile formed on my face when he locked his arms around my waist and embraced me once again.

♣︎♣︎♣︎
"No way!"
The two girls exclaimed in disbelief as their jaws dropped to the ground.

I nodded aggressively with a huge grin still plastered on my face ever since we got together. My heart never stopped racing.

"Y-You're really dating Daehwi? Like for real?"
Rose gasped for the sixth time asking the same question over and over again.

I rolled my eyes and nodded for the last time to tell them that it's true. They needed some time to accept it which caused me to chuckle at their dramatic-ness.

Just when they were calming themselves, an awfully familiar voice spoke up beside me.

"You're dating who?"

To Be Continued

you will never guess who said that muahahahaahahh

ps:dontbeasilentreader:))