「 eight 」

Young Eun's POV
Answering the call, I placed my phone close to my ear and closed my eyes for a brief moment.

"Young Eun?"

"Hey sis"

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?"

I scoffed.

"It sure has"

"I have a favour, sis"

♣︎♣︎♣︎

I double-checked my luggage and backpack to see if I left out on anything. After confirming that everything was clear, I put on my boots and took a deep breath in.

Then, I called out to mum and dad.

They rushed to my side and gave me a tight hug before I bid them goodbye.
"I'll be back in a few weeks, I guess, or maybe months."

A tear slowly trickled down to mum's red cheeks. I stepped forward and used my thumb to wipe her tears as dad hugged her.

"Have a safe trip, my precious."
She said, her eyes were still filled with tears.

I nodded with a huge smile on my face. I turned to dad and chuckled before he pulled me into a hug. We stayed like that for a moment until I pulled away.

"I have to go now. Take care, mum, dad."
I said as I bit my lip, worried for them, but I have to do this, it's my final decision.

They nodded and I quickly got into the bus which will be taking me to the airport.

Jungkook's POV
I ran to the classroom as fast as I could, lowkey excited to see Young Eun since I didn't get to say goodbye to her yesterday.

To my surprise, she wasn't here. Class was starting soon, she should be here by now. But, her seat was empty.

I looked around and saw her best friends, Lisa and Rose. Hesitantly, I walked to them with my head hanging low as I started to sweat out of nervousness.

"E-Excuse me.."
I said and quickly cleared my throat when my voice came out hoarsely.

The two girls turned to me with their eyebrows raised in confusion. I finally lifted up my head and gained the courage to look at them.

There was a huge lump, stuck in my throat. I never knew how to communicate with people, especially with girls. I'd just made an embarrassment out of myself.

"Hello, I'm Jungkook, a friend of Young Eun. May I ask.. Is she perhaps absent today?"
I questioned formally and the weight on my shoulders lightened.

The two of them exchanged weird glances for a moment as I nibbled onto my lip, debating whether or not should I just run away.

Finally, the red-haired girl cleared her throat.
"Well, Young Eun called us this morning and told us that she'll be going to America for a few weeks or maybe a few months."

After she finished her sentence, my mouth dropped, my heart sank, I was beyond shook. More questions then started to flood through my mind.

"She's at the airport now?"
I quickly asked, moistening my bottom lip as they nodded numbly.

Without hesitation, I grabbed onto the straps of my bag and ran out the school gate, trying to get a taxi.

Young Eun's POV
I quickly got my stuff and exited the bus. Looking at the huge building in front of me, I then looked down to my passport and nodded before walking towards the entrance.

♣︎♣︎♣︎

I was waiting for my plane to arrive, sitting on a chair, staring ahead of me blankly.

Slowly, I started to feel sleepy, my head was getting heavy. So, I closed my eyes and hugged my backpack close to me.

"HOI"

My eyes shot up immediately as I jumped out of my seat in shock, heart drumming against my ribs furiously as I looked at the black haired male in horror.

"J-Jungkook? What the—"

I saw Jungkook sitting on the seat beside mine. His face was pale and he was drenched in sweat as he panted heavily.

I averted my gaze to the floor and cleared my throat before sitting back down beside him, putting a little distance between us.

"Uhm.. So, Jungkook, what are you doing here?"

I questioned without looking at him but I could definitely feel his stare on me which made me uncomfortable and awkward.

He didn't say anything, instead, he rested his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes leisurely, his breathing slowly became stable as his heart calmed down as well.

I didn't know what to say. So, I let him be and turned to look out the window, admiring the beautiful scenery of airplanes landing to the ground.

A few minutes later, my plane arrived, I tapped Jungkook's arm but he wouldn't budge. I then slowly moved his head away from my shoulder and got up, getting ready to board the plane.

Suddenly, Jungkook's hand got in contact with my wrist, he pulled me back as he stood on his feet unstably.

"Let's go.."
He mumbled sleepily and helped me drag my luggage as I looked at him in confusion.

"Jungkook, wha—"

"Shush! No questions!"

To Be Continued

Sorry for the long wait guyss 😭
I've been so unmotivated these days idk why are y'all still reading this sheit 😭

*epiphany thoo 😍🙆🏻‍♀️
im so ded for this comeback istg