「 twenty-seven 」

Young Eun's POV
Our faces were just an inch away, I didn't knew what to do, I was in his embrace. My brain just froze as well as my body.

Suddenly, he leaned in and planted his soft lips onto mine gently. My eyes widened.

Was I jungshook?
Yes.

Did I push him away?
No.

My brain was telling me to push him away, but at the same time, my heart didn't allow me to do so. I missed him, yes, but the fact that I'm doing this behind Daehwi's back disgusts myself.

When he saw that I didn't push him away, he pulled me closer by my waist and deepened the kiss. I responded hesitantly and unknowingly.

After realising what I was doing, I quickly broke the kiss and pushed him away, looking at him in disbelief.

This is so wrong. What am I doing? This is so unfair to Daehwi.

"You kissed me back, Young Eun"
Jungkook let out a smile as he touched his lips, but I couldn't see the meaning of his smile.

Is he happy? Shock? Disappointed? What is that smile?

"I-I just—"

I took a step back, shaking my head anxiously, not knowing what to answer him. However, he cut me off before I could even say anything by hugging me tightly.

This time, I tried to push him away but he was too strong. Both of his arms were just locked around my waist.

"Jungkook, you know we're in school and you can't do this to me. This is wrong, everything just went wrong."

I sighed and didn't give up on pushing him by his arms, but he wouldn't even move an inch.

Jungkook pulled away and stared straight into my soul. I gulped when he placed both of his hands on my shoulder and gave them a little squeeze.

"Young Eun, I know you. Don't lie to yourself, you know I'm the only one for you even if we're in an ill-fated relationship. I promise I'll—"

Before he could finish his sentence, I cut him off by getting rid of his hands that were resting on my shoulders.
"Let's talk"

I said and grabbed a chair for myself to sit on, obviously trying to change the subject. I gestured Jungkook to get another chair for himself and he obeyed quietly.

"I will now ask you some questions and you shall answer all of them honestly"
I said sternly as I crossed my arms.

He simply just nodded.

"Who's in the picture that is so precious to you that you went crazy when I touched it?"
This question lingered in my head for a very long time and it's high time I try to get some answers out of him.

Jungkook remained silent though. Suddenly, his eyes were watery and a tear rolled down his cheek as he shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Maybe asking him this question in our current situation isn't such a good idea.

I thought for a long time and couldn't bear to see him crying so hopelessly. So, I finally spoke up.
"I-It's okay if you don't want to tell me though. I'll respect your privacy and—"
I wanted to pat him on the back but he stopped me from doing so.

"No. I'll tell you. I wanted to tell you anyways."
He let go of my hand and wiped the tears flowing on his cheeks.

After clearing his throat, he started to open up to me. In fact, this is kinda like the first time we open up to each other.

Jungkook's eyes bored into mine.
"That girl in the picture, is my sister. I lost her when I was a kid. It was just a normal day for us, we went for groceries shopping but we got lost while finding our way home and some bad guys came out and took her away from me. I was a kid so I couldn't do anything."
He started his story as I listened patiently.

"Where is she now? Did those guys hurt you?"
I questioned, kinda worried about him.

He wiped the tears on his cheeks againand shook his head.
"I've been trying to find her until now. However, she's nowhere to be found. When I witness them taking her, everything went black. I passed out and the next day, I was at the hospital."

I didn't knew what to do in these situations. Do I comfort him? Or do I stay silent and listen to him?

I trusted my heart and carefully placed my hand on his shoulder, giving it a little pat. Our gaze locked when he got up from his seat and wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

I didn't push him away though. He's in pain and I don't understand his pain so the best I can do for him is to just be there for him.

"It's been so long but I still miss her so much."
He muttered, followed by a soft whimper.

"I'll help you find her."
I spoke up. I just couldn't bear to see him in this state. He looked so helpless that I completely forgot about my problems with Daehwi and I also completely forgot about my problems with him.

Here I am offering help to him.

"Really?" Jungkook's eyes lit up immediately. I slowly pulled away from the hug and passed him a tissue to wipe his tears as I nodded confidently.

"I'll help you. Let's put everything behind us and find your sister. I'm positive we can find her if we don't give up."
I lifted up the mood a little to cheer him up.

"Do you have any idea who would take her and why would they take her?"

He sniffed and thought for a moment. His eyes darkened.
"Actually, I think I know who took her, but I'm afraid that if I went to look for her, they would do something to her."

"You knew who took her but didn't do anything?"

He nodded as I ruffled my hair.

"Who is it?"

He remained silent.

"Jungkook, I'll help you. You can tell me."

"..."

I placed my right hand on top of his and caressed it gently with a reassuring smile.

He looked up at me, his eyes were yelling for help but he was trembling under my touch. He must be so scared and lonely all this time.

"Kai"

To Be Continued

ok idk if yall rememeber Kai in this story hahahabshagah he's in chapter 4 im so sorry for the super slow update as usual and this chap is so boring lmao but pls vote if u enjoyed it :3 luv you guys <3