「 thirty-five 」

Young Eun's POV
"It was me"

We turned our heads to the owner of the familiar voice.

"Lee Daehwi! You—"

I stormed towards the unbothered latter and raised my fist in the air, so ready to punch him, but I stopped when I remembered how I treated him, how I hurt him.

"Eun, don't. It's over. It can't be helped anymore. Punching him won't do you any good."
Jungkook rushed over to my side and took my fist into his hands, rubbing mine gently to ease my anger.

"No. Go on. Punch me."
Daehwi challenged, corking his brows up.

"Lee Daehwi, stop it."

"And stop calling my full name."

The both of us were trying so hard not to explode because that would just make a fool out of ourselves.

Jungkook was sandwiched by us. He stood in between us to keep us from fighting.

"I thought we broke up in peace? Did we not?"
I said through gritted teeth with Jungkook still holding me back.

"Oh, we did. At least, you did. You hurt me. I wanted revenge but I see that the professor just let you off with detention. Ah, I'm a little disappointed."

"You son of a—"

Jungkook cupped his hand over my mouth before I could swear at Daehwi.

"Don't. He's not worth it. Come on, let's go."
He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the basketball court.

Daehwi wore a smug smirk as he saw me getting dragged by Jungkook.

♣︎♣︎♣︎
"I can't believe him. I thought we ended things peacefully. I thought we agreed to be happy for each other. Did we not?!"

I yelled and punched my fist onto the table, making the table shake a little.

Jungkook's eyes enlarged and quickly pushed in the glass of water so that it wouldn't fall if I bang the table again.

"Woah, Eun. Calm down, it's okay. You don't need to be so angry over a small matter—"

"Small matter?! Jungkook, he brought both of our parents to school and we now have detention for a week!"
I complained and laid my head on the table since I was already too tired to punch anything.

Jungkook brought me to a Korean restaurant. He ordered my favourite dishes to make me happy. Clearly, I wasn't really in the mood to eat.

He placed the bowl of seaweed soup in front of me but I shoved it away, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Young Eun. Eat up, it'll make you feel better and forget about everything."

"Jungkook, I can't forget—"

He took the chance to shove in a piece of lettuce into my mouth once I speak. I know I said I wasn't in the mood to eat, but I ate it anyways. It's delicious.

"Shut up and enjoy your food now, hm?"

"Okay.."

I gave in. It's clearly wrong of me to be this mad at Daehwi since I was the one who hurt him. He deserves to have his revenge and he did.

Now I just feel bad. I shouldn't have tried to punch him since he was just hurt and heartbroken.

Does eating helps you come back to your senses?

"Thank you, Jungkook."

I spoke up shyly, avoiding eye contact as he looked at me, confused.

"For what?"

"For telling me to eat."

♣︎♣︎♣︎
"I'm sorry, Namjoon. Please give me some time. I'll find a new job that pays a lot and return you the money."
I said and fiddled with my fingers anxiously.

Jungkook and I decided that we want to live a clean life now. We need to settle all of our problems together. The faster we solve it, the better.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too for being so rough and threatening you that night. I have a mind of business and I regretted it after Jin lectured me"

Namjoon let out a soft chuckle and continued.

"I know that you mean a lot to our maknae. Therefore, you're special to us, to all of us. You don't need to pay back the money, but please don't do this anymore."

My jaw dropped to the ground. Special to them? What I mean to Jungkook? Is he giving me special service or something?

"No! No way! I'll definitely pay you back even if it takes a few years to do so. I hate feeling indebted to others, especially since you're Jungkook's brother."

I crossed my arms and shook my head aggressively as Namjoon chuckled again.

"Very well. You can take your time. So, we're good now?"

He extended his hand out with a big smile plastered across his face, showing his beautiful dimples.

"We're good."

I grinned and shook his hand with a feeling of relieve.

♣︎♣︎♣︎
I put a few more extra cup noodles in the basket for the boys since there are a lot of us.

After getting two big bottles of coke, I placed the basket on the counter and waited patiently as the cashier scanned the items.

Hoseok wanted to celebrate since Namjoon and I were finally getting along. I don't understand why we need to celebrate that, but it's nice to spend some time with the boys.

So here I am at a convenient store, buying cup noodles, kimchi, a few bottles of soju and coke for our dinner since apparently, there was nothing left in the fridge since Jin forgot to go for grocery shopping.

As I was waiting for the cashier to put my stuff into the recycle bag, someone rushed in and accidentally pushed me. I turned back to see a lady, rubbing her shoulders.

The lady looked like she's in her late 20s. She was wearing a black hoodie with a white sweatpants.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Are you okay?"

She bowed and touched my shoulder to check if I was hurt.

I flinched and took a step back unknowingly. It's polite of her to worry for me but we're just strangers?

"I'm totally fine. Don't worry about it."
I smiled as she nodded numbly and went to pick out her items.

Wait, she looks kinda familiar.

To Be Continued