「 thirty-one 」

Young Eun's POV
"D-Daehwi?"

"Young Eun, we need to—"

Daehwi stopped when he saw Jungkook appearing behind me, his eyes darkened as he glared at Jungkook with pure hatred visible in his eyes.

Quickly, I pulled Jungkook behind me and gave his hand a tight squeeze.

"Daehwi, what are you doing here? At this late hour?"

"I should be asking you first. What the fuck are you doing with this son of a bitch? Did you seriously dumped me for him? Young Eun, you know—"

I ignored him and turned to face Jungkook. I know I'm a bitch for doing this but I need to settle this in a calm way.

Daehwi would never curse, at least until now. He's upset and I need to apologise to him properly without Jungkook being here by my side.

"Why don't you head back home first? It's late."
I said calmly, trying not to burst out into tears when Jungkook looked at me with those innocent and sad eyes of his.

He nodded, understanding my situation and then left. It's only me and Daehwi now.

"Did you just ignored me?"
Daehwi whispered but loud enough for me to hear. He's going to cry, I know that soft voice.

"Come on in, let's talk"

♣︎♣︎♣︎

"Fire away"

"I only have three questions"
Daehwi sat across from me on the couch, his eyes were already teary.

Oh no Daehwi, I really didn't expect this to happen.

I nodded with anxiety filling up my chest, not allowing me to breathe properly. I'm the bad guy and here I am being a scaredy cat to admit my faults. Just send me to hell already.

"I won't jump into conclusions about you and Jungkook. I'll hear you out. It's all a misunderstanding, right?"

His cheeks were soaking wet with his tears, I can't even do anything about it. Should I comfort him? How? I'll only hurt him more.

"Daehwi, let me get straight to the point—"

"No, answer me"

I took a deep breath in and sighed. I'm going to hell.

"No, it's not a misunderstanding. I told you that we need to take a break is because I am not certain of my feelings. Now, I am certain. Daehwi, I'm—"

He cut me off again.

"Do you love me?"

His sudden question startled me. How can I hurt him? Well, I mean I just did, but he's so freaking innocent and he doesn't deserve all of these shit. I don't deserve him.

I know I need to be honest with him. I can't give him false hope, that'll just hurt him even more. I have to be straightforward.

"No"

"Mkay" he mumbled, sniffling. A fake smile formed on his face, he look so helpless, hurt, betrayed, all the negative feelings that exist in the dictionary.

Last question.

"Can you love me back?"

"No—"

Before realisation hit me, he stood up from his seat and came on top of me on the couch. Both of his hands were placed by the side of my head, his leg on the side of my waist for support as he leaned in a bit too dangerously close.

I gasped and tried to avoid eye contact with him when he held my chin up with his index finger, tracing my non-existence sharp jawline.

"Daehwi, what are you—"

"Don't move"

I felt his lips crashing onto mine hungrily. My whole body trembled when his left hand cupped my cheeks to deepen the kiss.

I didn't respond though. It didn't feel good, I feel guilty. Instead, I placed both of my hands on his chest and pushed him with all my force, causing him to stumble a little.

Did two guys just kissed me in one day? Wow.

A little sad smirk left his lips that was stained with my lipgloss. He grabbed his coat and walked to the door.

"I guess this is goodbye then. I won't force you to love me, but remember me, always."

Should I nod or should I shake my head? I didn't know what to do so I just stared at him blankly and nervously.

He flashed me a smile and then head off, just like that.

Why is my life getting so dramatic? I just wanted a normal life.

I didn't expect to meet Jungkook, Daehwi or anyone. I didn't expect for two guys to kiss me at the same day. I didn't expect myself to be such a female dog.

♣︎♣︎♣︎

"Expect the unexpected." Yugyeom pointed out a fact, sipping onto his caramel macchiato with a bored expression.

"I know, but I can't believe I'm such a horrible human being. First, I like Jungkook, then Jungkook pushed me away. After that, I fell for Daehwi and I broke up with him. Now, Jungkook wants to marry me, what am I going to—"

"Wait, excuse me, I'm gonna have to stop you right there. Who wants to marry who now?"

Yugyeom interrupted my speech as he gave me his full attention. His sharp gaze now locked with mine.

"Uh, I didn't say anything."

I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear while I quickly got up from my seat and rushed out the cafe, only to hear Yugyeom screaming for me to come back but I ignored him anyways.

"Phew, oh my god, why did I tell him? I'm so stupid, what if tells my parents? No, no, he wouldn't. I mean, he's my best friend and all but—"

"Why're you talking to yourself?"

I heard an awfully familiar voice taking over my thoughts. I slowly looked up just to see Jungkook in his typical white shirt and Timberlands standing in front of me, blocking my way.

"I-I uh.. Well, was stressed over something?"
I quickly thought of an excuse. A ridiculous one.

Jungkook chuckled and knitted his brows at me.
"You're a weirdo, Eun, but that's why I love you."

"Jung—" He shut me up by leaving a small peck on my lips. I covered my mouth with my hands as a little gasp left my trembling lips.

I'm still not used to this whole lip to lip thing, especially with Jungkook.

"Now lets go and pick your wedding dress"

"Wait, WHAT?!"

To Be Continued

lmao i know it's a boring chapter pls bear with me *bear 🐻