「 twenty-four 」

Young Eun's POV
"Is he okay?"
I fiddled with my fingers anxiously as soon as the doctor walked out.

He nodded with a small smile, reassuring me.
"He's okay, he just needs to stay at the hospital for a day or two. Don't worry"

I quickly thanked the doctor and rushed into Daehwi's room. He was lying on the bed, still unconscious. I sat down on the side of the bed and took his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers as I gulped slowly.

"How old are you? You can't even cross the road? Look what you got yourself into"
I hit his chest gently as my heart-ached seeing him in this state.

I decided to head down to the hospital's cafeteria to get some bread and water while waiting for Daehwi to regain his conscious. As I was paying for the bread, a thought crossed through my mind.

who exactly hit him? and how can the driver just run over him and run away?

That was when I realised, the black van seemed familiar, it's like I've seen it before but I can't really put a finger on it.

I quickly ran back up to Daehwi's room and placed the food on the table beside the bed. After leaving a small note beside him, I got into a taxi and asked the driver to take me to the nearest police station.

Jungkook's POV
"Is this really appropriate?"
Taehyung questioned, wearing a concerned look on his face that was covered with a black mask.

I kept quiet.

"Jungkook, I think you're going overboard. What will happen if he dies? Are you going to be responsible if the police catches us?"
Jin, who was at the driver's seat asked. I could see that all of them were not at ease but I remained silent anyways because I know what I did— or what I told Jin to do was unforgivable.

Namjoon then spoke up,
"Let's go home. We'll discuss about this later when Kook comes back to his senses"

I rested my head against the window, deep in my thoughts as I felt everyone's intense glare on me. Especially for Taehyung since I know that he's probably super disappointed in me.

But I couldn't help it. At first, I kept my distance from Young Eun.  After getting to know more about her, I got so attached to her that I just can't keep my hands to myself. Even if I told her to act like we're strangers, it makes me so frustrated everytime I see her and I definitely hate it when she smiles at Daehwi.

and that's why I wanted to ruin him.

Young Eun's POV
"Can I please, pretty please check the surveillance camera outside the cafe? It's really important."
I begged for the fifth time since the police officers didn't allow me to look at the cameras around the cafe me and Daehwi went.

"It'll only take a minute, I swear"
I said desperately.

"No can do, ma'am. It's against the rules."
He replied sternly with an attitude as I scoffed.

So I failed to check the cameras, what now?

I decided to head back to the hospital to check on Daehwi. Maybe I'll find the black van later. Maybe now is not the time.

"Young..Eun?" A familiar voice called out my name.

I turned to see Daehwi's eyelids, slowly fluttering open as he took a deep breath. I quickly took his hand into mine and caressed it.

Daehwi's POV
"Are you awake? How do you feel? Does your head hurt? I bought some bread and—"

Before she could finish her sentence, I pulled her into my embrace and hugged her tightly, burying my face into the crook of her neck.

She tugged onto my arms,
"Daehwi? W-What's wrong? Are you not feeling well or something? I'll go get the doctor, hold on."

She wriggled out from my embrace but I held her wrist tightly and smiled.
"I'm fine. Just stay"
I huffed out.

She slowly sat down on the side of my bed and held my hands with a worried expression but I reassured her, telling her that I was just scared.

Flashback
After saying goodbye to Young Eun, I smiled and crossed the road. I turned back again to see her waving at me.

Just when I knew it, I felt my body flying into the air and landing onto the ground again. It was painful.

It was a black van that ran over me. I couldn't see the driver but when the van took off, I saw a familiar face, staring at me in horror. He was sitting at the backseat of the van by the window.

Jungkook

To Be Continued

ok let's just ignore the fact that I've been gone for almost a year and who's still reading this lmao _ sorry if i made any mistakes huehue