Valintine (RxV)

Request from HopeHasNoHope thank u for requesting, hope u like it!

the song above is Fire Flies by the Gorillaz, a very gucci band. i suggest you listen to it bc its amazing, and makes an appearance in this fic. just saying i (obviously) don't own the song.

lol if any of u know the Gorillaz id love to have a chat abt my favorite band plz. thanks for reading!!

"First, you take her by the hand..."
He looked down.
"oh my goOOOOD"
Logan smirked
"Ha, nice one."
He turned to Patton, who was playing patty-cake with the fake Valerie
"What I do?"
...
Roman snapped and he was gone.
Thank god he was good at acting.
It was no surprise that Roman had pulled that stunt because he liked the emo prince, but if Virgil ever found out.....oh he'd be dead.
For about five months he'd tried to lie to himself, pushing away pesky feelings that had somehow developed for the pale tic tac. (And yes, he had just called Virgil a tic tac) but at this point, Roman was done lying to himself. He liked the poor trait.
And oh man had it tormented him. Every time he and Virgil spoke, Roman felt sweaty and flushed.
He was in knee-deep.
Roman laid down on his pristine bed, crumpling the red and white crown-themed blankets.
Hitting shuffle on his playlist, the song Fire Flies by the Gorillaz came on, the mellow tune calming and reliving Roman. Good song, he thought, sinking into his feelings and hoping to disappear all together. He was 100% positive that Virgil wouldn't like him back. What did Roman have to give the trait. Virgil deserved a King, not....not a sorry excuse for a handmaid.
He may have been titled a prince, but he was no where near one.

roman sighed, man. he wished virgil would like him back. he was all for that idea, but it was simply not meant to be. He thought abut doing something, or confronting the tic tac. but he dismissed the idea pretty quick.

its pointless to do anything anyways.

...

Meanwhile...

Virgil panicked, pacing inside his room.

"oh my god. oh my god. I heldPrinceys hand. I just held Romans hand!" He sorta (not really) squealed. He was anxious, no surprise there, but what really surprised him is how giddy his heart felt.

It was enough to make him take out a rifle and shoot the horrid butterflies that just wouldn't get a grip in his stomach. 

hE wAS DonE gUNnA thROw HanDs wIT eM.

"Ok Virgil, get a grip. he probably doesn't feel the same way. did you see the way that man screamed?" he asked himself, beginning to pace once more.

he gave up stressing and worrying after a good hour of thinking, pacing, and thinking some more. He decided that he should just hit shuffle on his playlist. What do you know, the perfect song came on.

Fire Flies, and no, not the meme.

although the meme was on his playlist. 

Vigil sat there forever, contemplating, overthinking, and panicking. He repeated this process until Patton knocked on his door to come in.

"kiddo, you've been in here for quite a while! mind if i come in?"

"sure, whatever Patton" he muttered, feeling slightly guilty for being harsh"

"why are you moping, Verge?"

"why did you make Roman and me hold hands? You know how i feel about Princey" he said, face embedded in his pillow.

"i didn't do that, kiddo"

"what?" Virgil said, sitting up immediately.

"I would never put you in that position" he said, patting Virgils leg.

"if you didn't, then who did?" he asked, tuning out Patton for a minute.

"it wasn't Logan, because he said nice one to me after, thinking i did it"

Virgil scoffed "nice one? really, Logan. you ship it too?" he rolled his eyes.

"thanks for the talk Patton, but i gotta go....talk to someone" he said, slipping out the door, and racing to Romans room

...

"Roman! did.....did you do that thing earlier?" he said, out of breath.

"you'll have to be more specific than that, my chemically imbalanced romance." he sighed, his voice lacking its usual pep.

Virgil frowned. "roman, are you alright? you seem....down" he said, stepping over to the half-dead Prince. he did seem a bit depressed, and that sad music Virgil could faintly hear coming from his earbuds was not helping.

roman coughed "never mind that dear, what did you want to talk about? i suppose it was that little stunt i pulled back in the valentines video." 

Virgil sputtered"w-what? thats not-how even...um....what did i say?"

Roman sighed.

"i know you wont like me back, Virgil. but i value your friendship even more now."

Virgils face, by now was redded than all the beets on dwights farm, and he began to panic.

"wait...did you just say you like me? i think you did. is that the wrong thing to s-say, i dont KNOW anythiNG AboUT ReLatiONships yoU CANt Pin this On mE!" virgil screeched, voice cracking and speeding up.

along with that he started pacing.

...

he stopped when Roman grabbed his leg.

"Virgil. calm down, its ok. i'm not going to bother you about it. we can just pretend it never happened."

Virgil eyed him, his face heating up some more.

"but i don't want to forget this Princey. look....the truth is..."

he paused, looking away. Roman braced himself for the rejection that was soon to come.

"i like you too..."

 BEEP BEEP BEEP. 

OH WHATS THAT? ITS THE YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP ALARM

Roman choked a bit, sitting up.

"what?"

"y-you heard me. i like you. d-do i need to spell it out on a fridge with magnetic letters? you heard it Roman....." he said, exasperated. that took a lot of will power.

Roman just looked at him, standing up to be eye to eye with Vigil.

"You really do? No joke?"

"i would never joke about something like this, Princey"

"Well in that case....would you mind if i..."

Roman lifted Vigils head with his finger, looking into those eyes, oh so normally hidden by bangs, and lined with eye shadow.

he let Virgils soft lips brush his own, while the younger had a full on melt down in front of him.

They connected, their bodies gripping onto each others.

once they released, Roman started squealing and sweeping up Virgil, bridal-style.

"PUT ME DOWN, ROMAN. NOW"

"No! you're just a cute little stormy cloud, and finally, you're minee!"

Virgil huffed, but gave in to his (presumably) boyfriends antics.

"i've been waiting to do that for ever."

"me too."

...

ah this is so rushed and horrible im so sorry that was what you got after 3 weeks of nothing pelaesedee forgive meeeeemeemememmmmm.

let me know your thoughts. i ahve another request to do, and then i thought id might do a fic where they just have become boyfriends and we get to see relationship GOALZ.

Lemme know what ya think.

Au Reviour!!