Without Me (Shawn)

You're Charlie's little sister and you were dating Shawn for two years but he broke up with you a week ago. When you decide to write a song. (Song is named Without Me by Halsey I really loved the song so I decided to use it and write somewhat of a story for it.)

Your POV

I have been in this bed for the past week crying my eyes out and listening to depressing music not knowing what to do.. what am I suppose to do? My boyfriend of two years just broke up with me a week ago and is now with someone else. I sighed when my brother Charlie knock on the door again.

"Y/N you can't stay in there for ever." I hear his voice as I got up and open the door.

"I can try." I said with a sigh before going to his studio like room.

"What are you doing?" He asked following me.

"I just though of some lyrics and melody in my head and I need to record it." I said sitting in front of his piano and played the melody, he looked at me and nodded as he heard it I started to sing.

"Found you when your heart was broke, I filled your cup until it over flowed." I started and Charlie took a seat next to me.

"I think this would work more as the melody." He said changing the piano's sound and playing urging me to sing again while he hits record on his phone. I started to sing again.

"Found you when your heart was broke,
I filled your cup until it over flowed.
Took it so far to keep you close,
I was afraid to leave you on your own.
I said I'll catch you if you fall
And if they laugh, then fuck them all.

And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you could take advantage of me!

Tell me how's it feel sitting' up there?
Feeling so high, but too
Far away to hold me.
You know I'm the
One who put you up there
Name in the sky, does it ever get lonely.

Thinking you could live without me.
Thinking you could live without me." I stopped singing and Charlie smiled at me.

"That was good." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I hugged him.

"Thanks for being there." I said and he hugged me tight.

"Always." He said kissing my head.

"Now why don't you keep writing this song and we can record it and post it on my page." He said with a smile as I nodded and pulled away from him to continue with the song. I deal with the lyrics first didn't take me long considering I already had an idea of it and I had the story. After that I used Charlies computer to put the melody together and create the one I wanted. When I was almost done with it my brother came in the room talking to the camera on his phone as I look at him strangely.

"Hey Y/N why don't you give people a little preview of your new song?" Said Charlie with a smile on his face and I laughed.

"You're lucky I'm almost done." I said pressing play on the computer.

"They're asking you to sing some of it." Said Charlie and I shook my head.

"I think you just want me to sing it Charles." I said making him laugh.

"That too." He said making me laugh but sing the same part I sang to him with a sad smile.

"If you wanna hear the rest of the song stay tuned to Charlie's YouTube channel I'm going to be positing it once I'm done and record it." I said turning back to the computer to finish it.

"Well you heard her. The song will be posted in my page for you guys who want to hear it." Said Charlie leaving the room. Sometime later I was done with the melody.

"Charlie!" I yelled for him to come and when he did he looked at me with a smile.

"Done?" He asked and I nodded. We connected everything for me to officially record it and Charlie took out a camera to record me while I sang the song.

"Seriously?" I asked shaking my head as he got everything ready and gave me the headphones and microphone for me to start singing. I listen to the track as it started. (This is gonna have a lot of short flashbacks in italic letters I'd recommend reading the flashbacks while listening to the song instead of reading the lyrics)

"Found you when your heart was broke
I filled your cup until it overflowed."

'I love you.' I said to Shawn as we were watching a movie. 'I love you too.' With that we kissed.

"Took it so far to keep you close (Keep you close)
I was afraid to leave you on your own I said I'd catch you if you fall
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (All)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me."

'Shawn Please just calm down. Everything's going to be ok.' I said and he shook his head now falling to his knees 'They won't leave me alone.' He said and I shook my head. 'I'll always catch you if you fall. If they want to laugh at you for whatever reason then fuck them all I'm here with you.' I said helping him up as he smiled at me and kissed me.

"Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
Thinking you could live without me
Thinking you could live without me."

'Shawn you're amazing just the way you are there is no need to feel bad about who you are when so many people love you.' I said smiling at him. 'What would I ever do without you?' He said kissing me.

"Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (Yeah, I don't know why)
Thinking you could live without me
Live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (I don't know why, yeah yeah)."

'You're everything me or any other girl would want.' I said smiling in our first anniversary. 'Is that so?' He asked cheeky before connecting his lips to mine.

"Gave love 'bout a hundred tries (Hundred tries)
Just running from the demons in your mind
Then I took yours and made 'em mine (Made 'em mine)
I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind
Said I'd catch you if you fall (Fall)
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (All)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me."

'Shawn? Are you ok?' I asked him as he was sitting in the bathroom looking defeated. 'What if I'm not good enough for any of this?' He mumbled head in his arms. 'You are and no one will ever say different.' I said with tears in my eyes as I hugged him.

"Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
Thinking you could live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (Yeah, I don't know why)
Thinking you could live without me
Live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why, yeah."

'I'm breaking up with you.' It took me a second to understand what he was saying. 'What?' I said as he shook his head. 'I'm sorry.' With that he left leaving me alone in this room. Not even half an hour later my phone was lighting up with notifications and every picture was of Shawn kissing another girl in the club we used to go to breaking me more than ever and making me break down crying before my brother came in the house running to my side to hug me.

"You don't have to say just what you did
I already know (I know)
I had to go and find out from them
So tell me how's it feel (Oh-woah)
Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
Thinking you could live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (Yeah, I don't know why)." I noticed I had tears in my eyes by the time I ended the song and bite my lip holding back a sob as the song finished and Charlie ended the video giving me a sad small smile.

"You did great." He said kissing my forehead.