Starstruck (Shawn)

Your POV

"So Y/N, you get to meet a lot of people and you've collaborated with a lot of people." Says James Corden from The Late Late Show and I nod.

"I have yes." I say with a smile.

"Have you ever gotten starstruck?" He asked and I bite my lower lip to keep myself from laughing at the memory.

"I do yes, like every time I meet someone I'm like wow I can't believe I'm actually here standing right in front of you meeting you.. but I think the biggest time I was starstruck was with Shawn Mendes." I say and I hear the public cheer and clap.

"And how was that? How did you meet?" He asks and I laugh.

"Well that was something. Charlie actually called me, if you didn't know Charlie and me are best friends, and told me he was having like this mine party at his so I'm like ok I'll go." I started.

"Wait you mean Charlie Puth right?" James asks and I nod.

"So I get dressed in something casual but nice and I go to Charlie and I say hi to him and everything and then out of no where I felt a hand on my lower back and when I turn around there he was. In my mind I was like what the hell is going on right now?! But I knew Charlie was a part of this because of that damn smirk he had." I shake my head making people laugh.

"So Shawn just walked up to us and puts his hand in my lower back and smiles at me before looking at Charlie and saying hi and doing their manly hug or whatever and then he turns to me and is like hi I'm Shawn it's really nice to meet you I'm a big fan. And in my head I'm still processing what's happening because having your damn idol, the person you look up to the most say those words to you is something really big and inspiring so I really didn't know what to say other than thank you and tell him I was a big fan too. In that moment I thank god I had at least some talent in acting because if not I would've literally passed out." I say making the crowd laugh along with James.

"So that was the first time you met?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah and it was all because of Charlie. I wanted to kill him because he could've at least give me a heads up about it, but no my best friend just wanted to see me act dumb in front of the person I admire most in this world." I say and James nodded a smile on his face.

"Is Shawn Mendes your celebrity crush?" He asked and I bite my lower lip looking at the crowd and back at him.

"Have you seen Shawn Mendes? That guy is the hottest piece of man in this planet and he's so damn tall as well. I swear I almost kissed him the moment I saw him." I say.

"Why didn't you then?" My eyes widen as I turn around and I cover my face.

"Oh my god this can not be happening." I say and I feel Shawn sitting next to me and hug me.

"Awe don't be embarrassed it's ok." He says with a laugh.

"I hate everyone right now." I say making everyone laugh.

"So Shawn we heard her part of the story now let's hear yours." Said James and Shawn nodded putting his hand on the back of the sofa behind me.

"So Charlie called me and told me he was doing this party and that a few people were going. So I said I'd go, by the time I got there I noticed that Y/N was talking with him and I was seriously debating if I should go say hi or not because I was so nervous about it. Ever since I first heard her sing I fell basically in love and started following her everywhere on social media. So in the end after like 5 minutes of standing there looking at the two like a creep I finally decided to go say hi. I put my hand on her lower back to get her attention and as soon as I saw those eyes I got lost." He says with a shy smile looking at me and I was smiling with my cheeks probably red.

"I said hi to Charlie and then said hi to Y/N introducing myself and she looked so pretty I couldn't even concentrate properly. It's good to know I wasn't the only one freaking out on the inside." He says and looks at me making me bite my lower lip to contain my smile as the crowd cheered.

"Wow people I think we're looking at a brand new couple!" James says making both of us go red.

"Maybe you are." Says Shawn looking at me making me go even redder.

"You saw it here first on The Lata Late Show everyone! Y/N and Shawn Mendes the next trending couple!" James says and I looked down at my hands with a big smile on my lips. I never expected this interview to end like this, but I'm not complaining.