Prologue

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

This is just a love project to Pokemon I've been thinking of for a while. Decided I would write it out.

Anyway, I've never watched the pokemon anime. I'm going off what I know from the games and what I know from what little I've heard about the movies and anime.

See ya in another life Brotha!

Name: Y/n Ketchum

Age: 11

Height: 5'7''

Weight: 160lbs

Appearance:

Family:

Delia Ketchum (Mother)

Ash Ketchum (Brother)

.

.

.

*Y/n POV*

"Y/n! Time to wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes, hearing Mom call from downstairs. I sat up and let out a yawn, stretching my arms.

I pushed myself out of bed, and walked downstairs in my pajamas. I went to the kitchen and sat at the table, as Mom put a plate in front of me.

"Good morning Y/n!" She smiled.

"Morning Mom," I said, "Thanks."

"No problem, sweetie."

I began to chew at a piece of bacon, digging into my breakfast. It was quickly done, and I went to change my clothes.

When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled and pointed at myself.

"Lookin' good, Y/n."

I walked back downstairs, and saw a mail truck leaving the house.

"Hey, what came?"

"A few letters, one from your brother." She said.

"Anything for me?"

"Oh yeah," She exclaimed, "Prof.Elm sent you a package!"

I looked at the box that was sat on the table, and went to open it. I pulled out my utility knife and cut it open. I looked inside, and saw a letter.

"What does it say?" Mom asked.

I pulled it out and began to read.

"Dear Y/n, my faithful lab assistant,

Prof.Oak had informed me that you have still not left home for an adventure. Of course, I knew you slept through your tenth birthday. I should've sent you an alarm clock.

Anyway, I figured it was about time I helped get you started. In the box, you'll find two items I think you know about. I trust you'll take good care of them.

If you ever get to the Johto Region, stop by and say hi. We'd all like to see you.

Sincerely,

Prof.Elm"

I put the letter off to the side, and dug into the stuffing that was filling the box. I found a smaller cardboard box and an egg.

"A pokemon egg?" I asked, "Is that what he meant?"

I put it down carefully and reached for the other box. I opened it up and gasped.

 I opened it up and gasped

"A pokedex!"

"Really?!"

I attached it to my wrist, flipped it open and turned it on, as the screen lit up. After a few seconds, it began to ring.

I pressed a button, and Prof.Elm's face appeared.

"Hello?"

"Ah Y/n!" He said, "You got my package!"

"Yeah, what's going on?"

"Well you see Y/n," He said, "The thing you have now is a cross between a pokedex and a pokegear. It works like a pokedex, but allows you to listen to the radio, check maps, and call people!"

"Okay," I said, "But why did you send it to me?"

"Did you see the egg?"

"Yeah."

"Give it a few, and that egg will hatch into a pokemon," He explained, "When it does, I want you to train it!"

"Wow! Thank you!"

He laughed, "You're welcome Y/n. Just don't forget to come see me when you get to the Johto Region."

"I will!"

The connection was cut off, and I closed the pokedex. I turned towards Mom, and we smiled.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you!"

She pulled me into a hug, and I couldn't breathe.

"Mom. Air."

She let go of me, and I sat down, taking the egg into my lap. Mom sat next to me, holding Ash's letter.

"What's Ash doing?" I asked.

She opened the letter, and read aloud.

"Hey guys!

I beat the Goldenrod gym today! It was hard, but me and Pikachu pulled through and fought to the very end!

Now I'm heading to the next city, to continue my journey.

I'll send you guys a letter from there!

See ya!"

"Well, he never changes." I said, "What am I going to do with this thing?"

"Well, you could take it to Prof.Oak," Mom suggested, "He probably knows what to do."

"Good idea!" I said, "I'll go see him."

I grabbed my backpack, putting the egg into it, and ran out of the house.