A New Alpha

*NOT EDITED*

"We are finally done! It took a lot of effort to prepare everything. Good job everyone," I heard my mom say. My mom, Aurora Jesson, was in charge of setting up the party for the soon-to-be Alpha Jarred and his mate, Hannah. Well, she wasn't exactly put in charge; she made herself in charge. It was an unspoken agreement that my mom would be responsible for all events that happened at the Mystic Pack. Well, since my dad, Phelix, was one of Alpha David's good friends, my family had some pull with the alpha and the pack in general.

This unfortunately meant that I had to help. Don't get me wrong; I love helping people. But, this time it conflicted with my sleep, and I hate to have to wake up at six in the morning to set up a party that will probably only last three hours. However, we were finally done, and it was time for me to get ready.

"Hey Callista, do you mind curling my hair?" my little sister, Corrine asked. She was the cutest 15-year-old ever. With the most perfect wavy hair, beautiful blue eyes, a heart-shaped face, and the cutest little nose, nobody could ever refuse a request from her. Sadly, I sometimes hated standing next to her; I didn't want to be branded as the ugly older sister. I was only 5'1" with brown, boring eyes, and the biggest, curly, brown hair in the world.

"Of course. Why don't you go to the bathroom first, and I will be there soon," I replied. We had about 3 hours to get ready. Since it only takes thirty minutes to curl her hair and two hours to straighten and curl mine, I decided to get started as soon as possible.

After we were done getting ready, we met with all the other pack members in the pack commons. To say it was huge is an understatement. Our pack was pretty big, containing about 800 members, but it wasn't one of the biggest packs. The decorations for the ceremony looked absolutely beautiful, though, and I am glad that our hard work actually paid off.

Right in the middle of the yard, there was a stage for Alpha Jarred and Luna Hannah to stand on. Everyone was so excited. Kids were running up and done the stage trying to act all high and mighty, teens were hanging out, adults were sharing conversations and laughter, and the older members were sitting, sipping on some coffee, but enjoying their time. Everyone was feeling happy.

"May I please have everybody's attention!" I heard our Alpha David Frost, Jarred's dad, call out through the microphone. Everyone stilled, as it was important to show the Alpha respect, but the enthusiasm and the light, happy atmosphere remained. He continued, "The Mystic Pack is very lucky to be here today. My son has found his mate, and I am finally happy to stand down and give my son the Alpha title. As of tonight, my son will be the new Alpha, and his mate, our new Luna. I hope we can give them all the support and respect they deserve. I also hope they will lead with pride, honor, and dignity, protecting us all. It has been an honor to lead this pack for twenty-five years. Now Jarred will you take my place and present your mate for the pack to meet her?"

Luna Hannah made her way to the stage, with a beautiful smile on her face that only got brighter when she made eye contact with Alpha Jarred. It was extremely obvious how in love they were with each other, and what a beautiful match they were. Looking at them formed a small smile on my own lips as the love was almost palpable.

Personally, I have met Luna Hanna before. She helped out with the preparations for tonight, even though she wasn't supposed to. She was the perfect embodiment of what a Luna should be; she was kind, caring, generous, confident, and beautiful. I am so glad Luna Hannah and Alpha Jarred found each other, but I couldn't shake the slight jealous feeling of wanting to find my own mate--someone I could cherish and love and have him reciprocate those same feelings.

Loud applause tore me away from my thoughts as I realized that Luna Hannah had spoken a few words and kissed Alpha Jarred. As the alphas walked their way down the stage, I made my way to the food table, then sat with my mother, and lost myself in a sea of thoughts about my yet-to-be-found mate.

Please comment, vote, and share!!