Light of Day

A/N: Dis is a cute chappy. I think :) 

*NOT EDITED*

As I was in the room, I couldn't tell what was happening in the hall, but I could only assume that William was leaving. Then, I heard Axel say, "Being Alpha of this pack runs through my blood. You can't get rid of me or my bloodline. Not now and not ever. And even if you find a way to screw me over, I assure you that my child will come back and claim their place as Alpha or Luna of this pack. The only part I am sad about is that your shriveled-up ass won't be alive to see the day my child destroys everything you have worked for your whole life."

"Oh and who are you going to have a child with? Your mate left you, let's see how well you will be able to cope with that," William answered back still clueless to the fact that I am here. "Besides," he continues, "Even if you get your mate pregnant, your baby will never even see the light of day. Letting you live was a mistake, and I won't make the same mistake again."

I couldn't believe that William would threaten my hypothetical baby like that, assuming I would even have one with Axel. I was about to saunter outside and give him a piece of my mind, when Jace held my arm back and shook his head no. Now, I was hurt and scared, realizing that this is another impediment in Axel and my relationship. Our baby's life is at risk because of generational hatred that we had nothing to do with. 

I suddenly heard a loud thud, while Mason and Tyler swiftly grabbed Axel's body and shoved him back into his office, closing the door behind him. I could see that Axel was fuming, his eyes shifting color.

"Axel, you need to calm down. You hurt the man enough for now," Mason instructed as he rested a hand on Axel's shoulder.

"How do you expect me to calm down? Didn't you hear what he said? That son of a bitch deserves to die!" Axel responded, turning back around to fight William, who I think was already hit pretty roughly by Axel. Tyler and Mason hold Axel down, forcing him to sit on the couch, while Jace goes outside to get rid of William.

Looking at Axel, I saw that his hands were shaking, I couldn't tell if it was anger or fear. Maybe both? Could Axel actually be worried that the Council would hurt his child. They couldn't possibly. You would have to be a certain brand of evil to kill or hurt a child. I approached Axel and sat next to him on the couch before wrapping my arms around his frame, trying to help him relax. I felt his hands snake around my waist before he hoisted me up on his lap.

"I won't let him touch you. You're safe," he promised, looking into my eyes.

"I know," I smiled. I wanted to believe that I was strong, and I wasn't scared of any threats. But, honestly, I don't think I believed that for a second. Not because I think Axel is weak and can't protect his child, but because I was weak and wouldn't want to leave anything up to chance. I left my forearms rest on his shoulder blades, and then gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

"I won't let them hurt our baby either," he promised again. I could still feel his hands shaking as he rested them on me.

"Well, I would have to be pregnant first," I laughed, trying to lighten his mood. But, even the boys in the room could see that this wasn't working. They tried laughing too, but that made the situation worse.

"Please, Cali, first you two would need to have sex, before all of this could happen!" Mason teased Axel, attempting to lighten the mood. I felt a little embarrassed that he even brought this up. But, if it would cheer Axel, I am fine with it. Anyway I was also glad that the dust has settled between Mason and I,  and we almost seem back to normal again. 

"Yeah, Mr. Virgin over here could obviously use some catching up in that area," Jace chimed in, cracking a huge smile at Axel. All of them laughed at that, while I just stared at Axel surprised at the revelation. I guess he waited...for me. I could see Axel's face turn a light shade of pink, and I found it cute that he got a little embarrassed. Before Jace could make another comment about Axel's nonexistent sex life, Axel moved me off his lap, stood up and said, "You all need to just shut up. My sex life is irrelevant to the fact that I was just challenged by the council. So I think I need to go train or something. I kind of let myself go a bit, and I sort of don't feel like dying anymore," he said looking at me. 

"Right now? But I'm hungry," Jace whined almost like a little kid. I don't think I have ever seen him do any Gamma work or contributed to anything other than mayhem. Axel rolled his eyes at Jace, before telling him to suck it up and go train with him.

"Actually Axel, I am a little hungry too," Mason said. "I didn't really get a chance to eat and rest after arriving at Tyler's pack. Almost directly after that, we came here."

"Now that I think about it, I'm kinda feeling a little snacky. What about you Calista, you up for some food?" Tyler asked me.

"No, I don't really feel like eating right now," I answered truthfully, still shaken about what William had previously said.

"Fine, we are gonna go grab some food, and we will be back in a jiffy. You too behave now," Tyler winked as he strolled out of the room, tugging Mason behind. I let out a little giggle at their behavior while Axel just released a "What a bunch of idiots" under his breath. It seemed that Jace heard Axel because he stuck his head back into the room and said, "Take that you asshole," before giving Axel the middle finger and slamming the door behind him.

I laughed and looked at Axel. "You're gonna let him talk to me like that?" he feigned hurt. His mood was a bit lighter, even though he was just challenged and his future child's life was threatened. But, I guess that's what a good support system can do. His friends helped him get through this part. 

"Why you can't handle it, Alpha?" I teased back, plopping myself back on the couch.

"Oh, you can bet your cute butt that I can," he answered back, finally smiling for the first time in forever. I wished I could just grab my phone and take a picture of his face smiling. It was such a rare sight, and for some reason I felt this weird tug that I was a reason he didn't smile more.

"You think I have a cute butt," I stated with a smile mirroring his.

"Hold on, when did I say that?" he joked. At that, I chucked a plush pillow that was on the couch near me, which he dodged easily, but laughed nonetheless. I am starting to act like the guys, just throwing inanimate objects at people.

"Axel," I said stretching out the "A" and sitting adjusting my seating on the couch.

"Yes?" He said, imitating the way I said his name.

"Are you really a virgin?"

"Oh, so we're back to that?" he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Yep," I answered, popping the p.

"Yeah," I felt myself swoon at how cutely embarrassed he was getting. I've never seen him like this. I know Axel the scary alpha, Axel the sexy beast that can get me to spread my legs with just one word, and the Axel the heartbroken man. Embarrassed, vulnerable, open to talk to me Axel is a new version of my mate that I am finding that I might like the best. 

"But you're 25," I reasoned while releasing a small laugh.

"Oh, I didn't know that there was a certain age that demanded I have sex with someone." He said still smiling.

"No, that's not it. I just thought that you would have already done it by now," I let my voice trail off, hearing the stupidity in what I was saying as it was coming out of my mouth.

"Well," he started as he got closer to me, held my hand, and looked me straight in the eyes. "I knew that I had a mate out there. And having sex with someone who wasn't her just felt like cheating. And I was too busy to worry about that. I had a pack to run after all."

That meant a lot to me, and I appreciated him both waiting and telling me the truth. 

"Do you regret waiting?" I asked, my insecurities rising to the surface a bit. Knowing that I am his mate, would he have wished that he had had an experience with someone else? 

"I'd wait a million more years if I knew that you were going to be mine at the end of that wait." 

Before I realized what was happening, he grabbed my chin, tilted my face up towards his, and kissed me. The softest, feathery kiss landed on my lips, almost like he wasn't sure that I was real and that this was happening. And right when he was about to pull away, I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him deeper into me, deepening our kiss.