Staying

*NOT EDITED*

Mason left to take a nap in his room, and now I was in the kitchen with a pen and a paper pad trying to brainstorm ideas of how to make Mason meet his mate. I didn't want it to seem anything but natural because if Axel figured out that this was orchestrated, he would be furious. Even though my relationship with my mate was the definition of sucky, trying to figure out the best plan to make them meet helped take my mind off it for a bit.

Well, the only way to really invite other pack members to this pack would be to have some sort of a party. But, everybody fears the Blood Venom Pack, so I don't even know who would even come. I don't even know what kind of party we can throw here, as nothing is really happening. Lunar Ceremonies are usually only for the pack members, so they aren't really a public thing for other packs—if we even end up having a Lunar Ceremony. It is also possible to have Mason go talk to other packs about some kind of business deal. But, I am completely clueless about how they conduct their business here, and it is possible that when Mason goes to that pack to only be in contact with the Alpha, Luna, and Beta of that pack, not the normal pack members. This means, it could all go to waste.

"Calista," I heard my sister call out my name, pulling me back to reality. "Dad wants you to get ready since we are leaving in about five minutes," she said sheepishly. Oh that is still happening. However, even though I know that my dad wants to do the best thing for me, I didn't want to leave. I needed to help Mason find his mate, and I can't do that if I am back on Mystic Pack territory. Really, Calista, is this the only reason you want to stay?  I knew in my heart that this wasn't the only reason. I want my relationship with Axel to work, and I feel like I haven't even tried to make it work. I have just been running away from confronting him to try to fix it. Maybe he will fall in love with me. Maybe he will change. Maybe there is a way to make this work between us.

"Calista," she nudged me, "You zoned out for a second." She sounded worried, and I was feeling really bad for putting her in this position. There is no reason for her to be dealing with all my drama.

"Sorry, babe. Let me go talk to dad. Where is he right now?"

"He is right in front of the front door, and he is pretty angry. So please don't argue with him, it will only end up making everything worse," she warned me empathetically. I stood up and walked out of the kitchen, yelling out a "Don't worry" as I walked out. I almost got lost trying to find the front door, but I eventually made it there, and smiled at my mom who was clutching onto her handbag nervously in one hand and holding my dad's hand in the other.

"You ready to go?" My dad asked hurriedly. Ok someone is exited to leave.

"About that, dad I—," I began saying but then I got interrupted my Axel's smooth voice.

"Go where?" He already knew the answer, so what game was he playing? And honestly where the hell did he come from? He wasn't behind me just a couple seconds ago.

"Home," my dad responds, grabbing my forearm and yanking me towards his side.

"She is staying here," Axel counters grabbing my other arm and pulling me towards him. Great! I was now a human rope in the tug-o'-war game my dad and Axel were playing. I immediately snatched both my arms away from them ready to say something witty, but was interrupted again when my dad says, "You don't get to decide here!"

"She has to stay and do the Lunar Trials. If she fails, she can go with you, and if she succeeds, she stays."

"You still do those Trials? They are ancient and sexist and completely unnecessary," my dad said astonished at the fact that the trials will be conducted on his daughter. "This man is out of his mind!" He says looking at my mom.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't realize that you wanted me to punch you again? That can definitely be arranged if you say one more word," Axel demeans.

"Everybody shut up! I am right here, and I am old enough to make my own decisions. Just stop talking about me like I am not standing right here," I stressed, pointing my finger to the ground where I was standing. Jesus! How about they ask me what I want for a change?

"Calista, be quiet, and let me deal with this," my dad demands.

"No! I will not be quiet. Whether I stay is not up to you. It is up to me. So, just stop. I know you mean well. But I actually want to stay." From the corner of my eye I see Axel smirk, as if rubbing it in my dad's face.

"And as for you," I start, pointing at Axel, "You can shove your Lunar Trials and your Council judges up your ass, because I am not doing the Trials."

"Yes, you—," Axel tried saying but I cut him off by menacingly saying that we will talk about this later.

"Dad, I am staying, and that is final. There are things that I have to do here, and I will only leave once I have completed them, or miserably failed and there is nothing left for me to do." I could tell that he was very upset with what I had said. But he let go of my mom's hand, approached me and gave me the tightest hug he had ever given me. As we were pulling apart from the hug, he whispered, "I placed my phone in the pocket of your hoodie. If you need anything, I am only one call away. My credit card is also hidden in the case of the phone. If you need anything, just use it." I smiled at him appreciatively, mumbling a 'thanks, dad' into his shirt. Then, I turned to my mom and my sister, hugged them like our lives depended on it and said my goodbyes, closing the door behind them as I saw the car leave.