Worthy

A/N: I noticed that my last update was shorter than usual, so I made this one a little longer. Enjoy!

*NOT EDITED*

By the time I made it to the door, I was able to see that my dad was swinging his fist towards Axel's face. However, Axel's reflexes were quick, and he was able to duck out of the way and land a punch of his own on my dad's cheek. Everything was happening so fast, and I can't believe that my dad would do something so stupid as to fight an Alpha. A warrior, no matter how trained, could never be a match to an Alpha. I couldn't really keep track of who was throwing what punch, but it wasn't a pretty fight. Even though Axel's office was spacious, it wasn't very accommodating for a fist fight. And as they kept fighting each other, each throwing nasty blows at the other, the office was getting more and more disheveled, especially as they kept slamming each other against the furniture. It was a very ugly feeling, seeing my mate and my dad fight each other. I wanted to intervene, but it isn't the wisest to intercept a fight between an angry alpha and an angrier warrior wolf. And even if I intervened, whose side would I be on? I wanted to lie to myself and say my dad. But, I knew deep down, that every fiber in my being would protect Axel above anything. Not only as my Alpha now, but as my mate. 

"You left her in unbearable pain for five days! How could you do that? How could you be so heartless? You were supposed to protect her and care for her. She didn't ask for this!" My dad roared, while grabbing Axel's collar. As Axel was getting ready to speak, he ripped my dad's arms away from him. It was obvious that Axel could have severely hurt my dad if he wanted to, and I am grateful he was able to maintain control over his wolf. However, my gratitude didn't substitute the feeling of lividness over what I was feeling towards him.

"I don't have to do anything for her," he said straightening out his shirt, and running his hands through his hair. I heard a gasp behind me and realized that my mom and my sister were standing behind me. I wasn't sure when they got here, but when my mom placed her hand on my shoulder, I realized I was so glad that they were here for this.

"Excuse me? She is your mate" my dad said flabbergasted yet fuming. I thought he was mad before, but he was starting to shift now. And if he does, and his wolf doesn't show signs of submission to Axel's wolf, Axel might kill my dad. I had to do something, and I had to do it quick. But what? Neither of these men ever listen to me; one sees me as a little baby, and the other sees me as worthless. Just when exactly did I become so weak? I was enslaved by my heart and my mind, each wanting something different.

My mom tightened her grip on my shoulder, and I could feel her tense up. I don't know whether it was to console me, or because she needed support right now. But, either way one of us was going to lose a mate at the end of this fight either emotionally, physically, or both.

"She may be my mate, but she isn't my Luna. Once it is decided that she is fit and worth of taking this role in the pack, I will treat her accordingly," he heartlessly stated, shifting his eyes towards me as he said those words. Is he taunting me with this? I was beyond hurt that he would even say that about me in front of my parents, but I had to stay strong, at least for them. If they saw how hurt I actually was, they might do something drastic. But, my efforts to prevent anything drastic failed, because my dad growled, "My daughter would make the best Luna in the world, you motherfucker. It isn't her who isn't worthy of being your Luna. It is you who isn't worthy of her. In fact, you aren't worthy of one hair on her head." He finished, and I was happy that he said that, but apprehensive of the fact that Axel's eyes were glowing a bright gold now. The primal part of Axel was offended to his core.

"Come on, Calista, go to your room and pack anything that belongs to you. You are coming home with your family," my dad continued, sending daggers towards Axel with his eyes. Axel didn't seem to like what my dad said because suddenly, his fist flying towards my dad again. Because my dad wasn't fully prepared for the wrath of Axel's wolf, he was knocked over, and hit his head across the wooden desk in Axel's office. I was finally able to get a good look at his face, and the image scared me to death. He was knocked out and bleeding, and his face was already bruised up and swollen, even with his werewolf healing. Blinded by my guilt, I started to tear up, my dad didn't deserve to get hurt like this. This is all my fault. If I had been just a little bit smarter and called the pack patrol to help get Jamie instead of venturing off on my own, I wouldn't be in this situation, and neither would my dad. 

"Anthony!" my mom exclaimed and rushed towards him. She cradled her head towards his chest and yelled for me or my sister to call the pack doctor. Because of the situation, her wolf was going to come out too, she looked up at Axel, ready to say something to him. But we heard a low, "Don't you dare." I wasn't sure what my mom was going to do exactly. But, either way the Alpha command Axel just used forbade her from doing it. She hung her head low and cried silent tears as she tried to get her mate to wake up again. My sister was at my mother's side hugging both my mother and my dad, but I was frozen in place at the door of the office. This is such a big mess.

As I watched this all unfold in front of me, Axel walked through the door and whispered in my ear, "I warned you," then he kept walking. Is he referencing what had gone on a couple hours ago when he said that he will kill anyone who makes me leave his territory? What an asshole! Worse than an asshole even. A part of me knew he was serious, but a bigger part wanted to believe that this was just an empty threat. I wanted to believe that my mate wouldn't intentionally hurt my family. But, seeing what happened here just a couple minutes ago, proved me wrong.

I couldn't let him walk away from me thinking that this is over. It isn't. So many things have happened since I got here. And that was officially the final straw.

I followed him out of his office, getting a strange sense of déjà vu, as this has happened in a similar manner before. He was walking down the hallway seemingly without a care in the world.

"Axel!" I yelled, knowing that he will hear me from all the way down the hall. However, he didn't acknowledge me. I increased my pace and now I was speed walking towards him. However, his longs strides were no match for my short legs, so I called out for him again, "Axel, stop walking away from me. We need to talk. Now," I firmly stated. He released a breath, then turned around to look at me.

"Where are your manners? Weren't you taught to always address an Alpha by his title?" He jabbed at me. This was officially the first time I have ever heard of an Alpha wanting his mate to refer to him using his title, instead of requesting that all formalities be dropped between them. I tried my best to ignore his insult. But, I think he saw the hurt flash in my eyes at his jibe.

"What happened back there was not okay at all. You—," I tried to say, but was interrupted by him.

"You should have done something about it," he said.

"What?" I asked, my determination receding into me by the second.

"If you didn't like what had went on, you should have done something to stop it back there. You seem to be too late now. After all, your dad is laying unconscious in your mother's arms," He took a step closer to me and stated venomously, "A worthy Luna wouldn't have been riddled with fear at the sight of two wolves fighting. She would have stuck by her mate's side and told the disrespectful wolf to submit to the Alpha. A worthy Luna would have checked her mate's wounds and made sure that he was fine. A worthy Luna wouldn't yell and disrespect her mate. A strong Luna would have stopped the fight, even if it meant that she might break a fingernail in the process," he derided, making me feel worthless yet again and closing the space between us. Was he right? Was I really unfit to be Luna?

"You know what, Alpha? Just leave us alone. Leave my dad alone. Leave my mom alone. And most importantly, leave me alone. I am so sick of this. Before I even met you, I was so happy. I had the biggest hopes for my mate. I was so consumed by everything beautiful that could happen, that I didn't even think about the fact that my mate could be a stuck-up dickhead with no purpose in life other than to hurt my feelings," I ended my little rant, but I wasn't close to being done with what I wanted to say to him. Again, my own body betrayed me as tears coated my cheeks.

"You know what, Calista? I don't have to listen to this," he answered. Really? He is just going to walk away? I mean I know I asked him to leave me alone, but he had to hear what I had to say first.

"Yeah, well I wish that Mason and I would have mated when we had the chance. He would make a much better mate than you!" I confessed. In retrospect, I think I should have just let him walk away. Because when I vomited these words out of my mouth, I knew that I couldn't take them back, and not only was this bad for me, but it was horrible for Mason as well. For someone with straight A's, I could be a real idiot sometimes. I immediately regretted these words when I saw that his eyes were now a full golden color. They weren't flashing like before. Shit. Hello, Axel's wolf, please don't kill me, I am too young to die.

"What did you fucking say?" he growled.