Maybe Overreacting

*NOT EDITED*

"What the fuck was that?" he spat out.

"You need to stop being so transactional. You need to understand that people have feelings. And you can't take advantage of them when they are in need. You are supposed to help them. His daughter could be getting molested by rogues as we speak right now, and you were so haughtily telling him, that it would either be his daughter's live, or his pack lands that provide for his entire pack's economy and livelihood." I reprimanded him.

"I do what I can to keep my pack the most powerful. I don't think that you should be telling me how to run a pack, let alone hijacking my conversation and demeaning me in front of another Alpha." He was still fuming, but I had to admit he was showing a lot of restraint.

"Don't try to justify your behavior. You have no right. Packs should stick together when there is trouble."

"Of course, I have a right! He contacted me. He told me he needed my help. He has something I want. It is a pretty good compromise. I have been doing this for years, so don't come barging in here all righteous and shit. This has been working very well for my pack. Alphas know what they are getting into when they contact me for help, and the minute they picked up the phone and dialed my number, they have agreed to the terms I have set. I am able to take assets from other packs with their approval under the law. If you knew how much land, money, and resources I have been able to get from other packs, and how I have used them for the Blood Venom Pack, you would regret everything you are saying right now. So, I don't see a problem," he yelled back at me.

"How can you not see a problem? You are exploiting other packs to raise yours!"

"Every time, I help one of these packs out, I put my own men in danger. I have to send them supplies and make sure that everything is accounted for. Whenever a Blood Venom warrior dies because of another pack isn't capable of dealing with its own shit, it makes me feel a little better that the pack we helped paid for our warrior's loss. None of these Alphas that you were defending helped Blood Venom when we needed them—when I needed them. So, shut up about this already. You don't know the full story."

"Oh, so you mean I don't know about your vendetta against the other packs the same way I didn't know about your mom being marked and mated before she did the Lunar Trials?" I stabbed at him. Maybe I shouldn't have played this card so soon, but I wanted to let it out. I was so hurt and angry, and I wasn't about to bottle up my feelings just because the way I found out this information was not the most ethical of ways.

"How did you find out about that?" he asked shocked.

"Does it even matter? You lied to me. You told me that you wouldn't mate with me until I passed the Trials because that was your pack's tradition. But all it is, is a ploy for you to toy with me and then get rid of me after a grand humiliation in front of your entire pack. You say that 'I don't know the full story.' Well how am I supposed to know anything if all you do is lie to me?" I confessed with tears down my face.

"Calista, that is not true," he let out releasing a sigh then resuming, "Don't change the goddamn subject. We aren't talking about the Trials right now. I don't get why you keep bringing them up. We compromised, and I thought we were past this." We were past this, until I found out that you were a complete liar.

"Seriously, what did I do to you? Why don't you want me? You are my mate you should have been so in love with me by now. I don't get it am I really that bad?"

"Calista, you are jumping into your own conclusions. Come on, you—ha,"

"I can't believe I have become so pathetic as to beg you to want me. I have never met a mate that was this bad towards theirs. You are a despicable person. I hate you!" I yelled at him. Was I overreacting? Maybe, I don't know. This has been bottled up within me since the first day I met him. I was glad that it was out in the open now.

When he didn't say anything in return, I took it as my cue to leave his office. I was going to train today for the Trials. But what is the point?

I laid on the couch in the living room too depressed to do anything else. This went from zero to one hundred really fast. Just last night, I was trying on his mother's dresses, and today I can't even stand to see his very gorgeous, perfectly sculpted face. 

Thank you for reading! Please comment, vote, and share.