Expectations

ENJOY, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

*NOT EDITED*

As I got out of the bath, I realized that neither did I have a towel to dry myself with nor did I have any clean clothes. I glanced around the bathroom getting ready to freak out when I spotted the cabinet beneath the sink. I got out of the tub and checked to see if I was lucky enough to find a towel. Yes! There was a big fluffy white one just waiting for me to grab it. Now, I had to figure out the clothes dilemma. I dried my body and brushed my hair with the new brush I saw on the counter. Did Axel set all this stuff up for me? Why can't I go two seconds without thinking about him? Of course, he probably had maids fill every room in this mansion with extra items in case he ever had any guests from other packs. 

After I was done with everything I had to do in the bathroom, I opened the door and poked my head out, just to ensure that nobody was in the room, and luckily it was just me. But, on the comforter were a bunch of clothes and underwear laid out. I distinctly remember those not being there when I entered the bathroom because I remember admiring the comforter. Had they been there, I would have noticed. Did Axel pick those out? A small blush rose to my cheeks as I thought about the fact that he could have picked out my underwear too. How did he know my size? Why would he even bother do this? He couldn't be bothered to talk to me before, why now? Could this be the mate bond affecting him this way? So many questions were going through my mind, and I felt dejected that I won't know the answer to any of them. After I got dressed, I laid on the soft sheets, and closed my eyes, finally getting the rest I have been craving.

A couple knocks on my door woke me up from my dreamless sleep. I ran my hands through my hair a bit before saying, "Come in." A middle-aged man in a white coat walked through the door.

"Hello, I am Dr. Parker, the pack doctor here at the Blood Venom Pack. Alpha told me that your leg has been giving you some trouble. I also see that you have a few scratch marks on your body. Do you mind if I take a look at them?" the man said. I can't believe that Axel sent me the pack doctor. I didn't think he would take my lie about my leg so seriously. However, thinking about it, I couldn't help the blush that sneaked its way on my cheeks. 

"Sure, Doctor," I answered, still lost in thought about Axel and whether I was overthinking his sending me the pack doctor. Maybe the whole mate thing with Axel might work. Maybe he was just shocked to finally find his mate and didn't know how to react. Am I being too optimistic about this? However, I tore myself away from my thoughts as I realized that my leg is actually fine and that I have to explain to this doctor that I lied in order to avoid an awkward conversation with my mate and his beta. "I think I am fine now. I finally got some rest and got nourished. I think my werewolf healing took care of it. Those marks were deep cuts yesterday, and now they are all better," I supplemented, dragging out the "all." Hopefully he buys my lie too. I am really starting to regret this, but I honestly don't know how Axel would have acted if I had told him the truth about Mason manhandling me. He didn't seem so happy about it, and I really did owe Mason.

Doctor Parker kept asking me questions about my name, my age, my medical history. He examined my leg and the other scratches on my body, offering me smiles and confirming that I am okay as he progressed. From what I could see, he was a good doctor, and that was the only moment I actually felt safe in this pack since I got here.

"Well, everything seems to be just fine. And, your healing rate seems to be back on track. If you are experiencing any pain, you can contact me, and I will have one of the nurses bring you some pain pills," He concluded with a smile. I smiled back and thanked him and watched him close the door. I was alone again with nothing to do, which made a bit upset. I wanted to be at my old pack with my family and friends. You could stop being so lazy and get off the bed and meet somebody here. Maybe you will make a couple friends. Shut up, stupid brain, you were the one that got me into this mess in the first place. If I hadn't done something every character in a horror movie shouldn't do when I was back in the woods, I wouldn't be here right now.

The door to the room suddenly barged open, which helped erase the condescending thoughts I was having regarding my stupidity just 24 hours earlier and made me jump off the bed and stand up gracelessly. In walked my mate with all his glory and I adjusted my stance to face him. Of course, the big bad wolfy alpha didn't knock.

"Excuse me, why didn't you knock? I could have been naked or something," I shouted. Wow, out of everything I could have possibly said to him in this second, this is what I come up with? I couldn't say thank you for the clothes and the towel. I couldn't say thanks for sending me the doctor even though I had been a total liar and didn't need one. Not even a thanks for letting me stay in a room fit for a princess. Nope. I had to just yell at him for opening the door to the room he owned. 

"Are you naked?" he asked.

"Well, no obviously!" I stammered, a bit confused. He can see that I am fully dressed.

"Then what's the problem?"

"I could have been naked."

"Yes, but you are not."

"I could have been, and you would have barged in and saw me. You know what? That is really not the point. Did you need anything?" I said, trying to take back the last 20 seconds of my life. Wait actually since I am taking back things, am I allowed to take back the fact that I walked into a forest into the dark alone, the fact that I yelled out to a rogue and told him my exact location, and that I trusted a stranger twice to take me back home? Seriously, when did I become so stupid. I was at the top of my class. I guess being book smart really isn't the same as being street smart.

"I was told that there were some things you wanted to discuss with me," he said still standing at the door. Why did he have to act so indifferent and distant with me all the time? I just don't understand. He keeps sending me those mixed signals, and with the mate bond messing with my head, I don't know what to think.

"Um, yes actually. When will I be going home?" I asked hopeful that I would see my family soon.

"Home?"

"Yeah, home to the Mystic Pack," I almost whispered. I had a feeling that this just wasn't going to end well. Ok Callista, please don't say or do anything stupid now. I know you have been on a roll but tone it down.

After about ten seconds of some awkward silence, I witnessed him ever so slowly shut the door and walk slowly towards me like a wolf cornering its prey. Without realizing it, I was moving backwards until my back touched the wall, and I was trapped between the hardness of the wall and the hardness of his abs. I swear I also felt something else that was a bit hard, but that could just be my imagination, or maybe just a hopeful thought sneaking its way into my brain. 

I could literally feel his breath on my ear as he leaned in and whispered, "And what makes you think you are going back there? Just because you aren't in the cells, doesn't mean you aren't a prisoner here." With that he left me standing there, not forgetting to bang the door pretty hard before he left.

Wait, what?

Please comment, vote, and share. How do we feel about Axel?  

Have a wonderful day, my lovelies!