Marking Him

*NOT EDITED*

We crashed into the water with a significant force, but he didn't let go of me, until he was sure that I was okay. We quickly swam up the surface.

"See, that wasn't so bad," he said.

"Yeah, I guess it wasn't," I shrugged before splashing him with some water. We played in the water for a little while, splashing each other laughing and telling each other stories of our childhood.

He swam under the surface but because my dress had ridden up due to the water, I was starting to feel self-conscious. I didn't realize that he was going to grab my leg and pull me underneath, until I felt that my head was fully submerged and I was surrounded by water in all directions. Dur to the fast motion, my dress had rode up more, and I tried adjusting it to protect some of my modesty. Taking advantage of my shock, he held me close and kissed me under the water. We pulled away as we discovered that our need for oxygen was currently surpassing our passion.

"Hey, I have one more question," he started as we breathed heavily, allowing our bodies the much-needed air.

"Ask me."

"Are you going to threaten me with your leaving every time we have a fight? Because I don't think I can handle that," he honestly asked. I stared into his eyes, feeling over the moon because Axel was finally truly being vulnerable with me, just like I always was with him.

"No, I'm never leaving again," I answered him honestly, keeping my legs wrapped around his torso as our bodies rested in the water. We leaned into each other and continued kissing, as I trailed my hands from his chest towards his neck and rested them there.

As our kiss became more heated, he pulled back and said, "Do you want to mark me?" I could feel my heartbeat skyrocket as I nodded my head at him and resumed kissing him, trailing kisses down his neck before reaching the spot I liked. I didn't know how to do this and I was feeling a little nervous about hurting him. But, I let my fangs extend as I traced them along his skin, letting him know to prepare himself for the pain. Then, I bit down, savoring the moment as we connected our bodies together. I didn't think I would like the taste of his blood, but I guess that was the beauty of being with your mate. Everything about them was enticing. I retracted my fangs from his neck, before lapping up some of the blood from the side of his neck to soothe the mark. I could hear a few faint groans coming out of him, but I relaxed when I found out that he was enjoying this as well. As it was getting pretty dark outside, the only thing illuminating us was the moonlight, and the look of blood was getting a little scary. We started to kiss again before he pulled me even tighter to his body. I couldn't help but let a small loud laugh leave my throat as he did that.

I looked at Axel and watched as the mark had already stopped bleeding, and then lightly kissed it.

"My mark is fading," I told him. 

"Yeah, I saw that, I was hoping that spending time together will strengthen it again," he said. 

"I don't think that's working very well, but I've only been back for a couple of days." I responded. 

"I could mark you again, reform the bond, especially since you've finally marked me," he suggests. 

"What if I faint like last time?"

"Then I'll shift, and carry you back like last time," he offers. 

"Okay," I agreed, giving him access to my neck again. 

He trailed kisses down my neck, just like last time. But this time, I knew exactly what I was expecting, and when he bit down, it felt like I was finally back home. When he was done, he cleaned my neck with some water, and placed his face into my neck and breathed in, both feeling pure bliss with what happened tonight.

"It's getting late and the guards will be doing consistent rounds of the area. I guess we should head back. They know I'm here, but not that you're with me. And since I'm freshly marked, my scent just changed, and they might not recognize it" Axel suggested.

"Yeah," I agreed. He helped me out of the water and up the cliff before draping his button-down shirt over my body, thanking him because I was feeling a little cold. We held hands and I wrapped my body around his arm as we walked towards the motorbike. This date couldn't have been more perfect.