Meeting Him

*NOT EDITED*

Did my mate just refer to me as a problem? To say I was shocked and hurt was an understatement. I couldn't help the tears that were cascading down my cheek. I didn't want to cry, not when there were a hundred other pairs of eyes staring at what just happened. But, I couldn't stop the tears were just a reflection of the pain I just felt. Did they also figure out that he was my mate? I don't know what to think at the moment. All I knew was that the only person who was supposed to love me unconditionally preferred to keep me locked up than to embrace me.

I closed my eyes, wishing that the past night was only just a dream. I was wishing that when I open my eyes, I was at the Lunar Ceremony again. Except this time, I wasn't praying to find my mate. I wasn't hoping to have one to look at me the way Alpha Jarred looked at his new Luna. Nor was I hoping to be a hero that I can find a child that disappeared into the night. Oh no! Jamie! I wonder if he is alright? Did the rogue that attacked me also attack him and why am I only thinking about this now? However, my slightly selfish nature resurfaced as my thoughts went back to the Alpha of the Blood Venom pack and his pretty blatant refusal of the mate bond.

After a while of crying, I just felt empty. My face was finally dry, but that was just because I no longer had any tears to cry. Right now, I was dehydrated, hungry, alone, and heartbroken. The wounds that I had yesterday had still not completely healed due to my lack of nutrition. After all, werewolves do heal quicker if their bodies were well rested and nourished. I couldn't think of a worse situation to be in at the moment. My parents were probably really worried, and my dad and Alpha Jarred have probably sent search parties aimed to locate me and bring me back home. However, how could they find me if I was locked here? And, I knew for a fact that they wouldn't contact this pack if they were to reach out to other Alphas because this Alpha always wanted something in return whether it was the best warriors from a pack or some more pack land. So, Alphas of other packs normally came to him as a last resort.

As I laid my head on the bricks of the cell wall behind me, I noticed as my kidnapper, who I shall now call my-bringer-of-bad-luck guy, came towards my cell and stood in front of me. I still can't grasp how this person had went from the guy who saved my life to the guy who ruined it in less than twenty-four hours, and I still don't know his name.

"What do you want?" I asked, voice cracking halfway. I really tried to sound strong, but that didn't work out too well.

"I, uh, well, I was going to tell you that he will be here again soon," he cleared his throat then said, "Listen, I know you are probably really upset right now. But, this is just a rough time for him."

"I am injured, hungry, tired, thirsty, heartbroken, rejected, locked up in a cell, and homesick and you mean to tell me that he is going through a rough time!" I said, my voice rising with every description I used.

"Luna, please keep it down. Only you, Alpha, and I know about your little situation," he respectfully responded.

"How come you know? Why would he tell you?"

"I am his Beta. I am Mason, Mason Bryant. I am sorry I never introduced myself."

"Oh. Well I would say that it was nice to meet you, but it really wasn't. And, don't call me 'Luna'. I am not," I held back the tears as I uttered these damning words. "Also, you don't have to be respectful all of a sudden. Just go back to the way you were before, ordering me around and all. I liked you better that way," I continued, trying to sound nonchalant. Just as I finished talking, my mate, or shall I say the Alpha, walked in.

He stood next to my-bringer-of-bad luck guy, Mason, and stared at him. I wasn't sure if they mind-linked or not, but Mason moved forward and opened the door to my cell. I had honestly never seen an Alpha act so cold towards his Beta. I don't know if that should make me feel better about the fact that he was cold to me.

He drew near me, and all I could think about was running into his arms and burying myself in his chest. However, I knew that this was just the mate bond's effect, and that I should not give him the satisfaction of knowing it affected me. He doesn't deserve to feel wanted by me after he had left me here all day.

Now that he was within arm's reach, I wanted nothing more than to touch him. But, again, I realize that this wasn't my brain thinking, it was the mate bond. However, I think he had a momentary lapse in judgement because the next thing I knew his fingers grazed my cheek and a bolt of electricity rushed through my full body.

"Shit," I heard him say, which triggered me to move my face away from his hand and avoid eye contact. So, I guess he felt the spark too, yet he only touched me to prove whether we were really mates. He knew we were mates, but he wanted a way out. Unfortunately for him, the sparks were there; all mates feel them when they first touch. He knew it and I knew it. That is what mattered.

"Look at me," he ordered. I heard the first words that my mate directly said to me, but I didn't listen to him. There was no need for him to see the well of tears dying to flow out of my eyes. Plus, the last time my eyes locked with his, my heart broke, and I wasn't ready to feel that pain again.

"I said, 'Look at me!'" He almost yelled, his voice much more authoritative than it was a couple seconds ago. When I still didn't listen, I assumed he would just leave me alone. However, I obviously underestimated his Alpha ego because when I didn't move my face, he grabbed it and forced me to look at him. At that moment the tears threatening to fall did, and for a second, I thought an expression of guilt painted his face. But, if it had been there, it disappeared as soon as it came.

He let go of me and turned around ready to leave before whispering something in Mason's ear. I watched his retreating silhouette, feeling my heart break for the second time. 

\