It's a Possibility

Enjoy!!

*NOT EDITED*

"Excuse me?" He looked at me confused, as if trying to figure out what was going on in my head. Although, this turned out perfectly. If he agrees, then Mason actually has a shot at finding his mate, right under Axel's nose. Since, I won't be able to get out of doing the trials, I guess I will just have to suck it up.

"A masquerade ball! I was thinking that it would be fun, and that way I could get a party even if I don't end up being Luna and have the Lunar ceremony," I explained. I knew I didn't have the best argument here, but maybe he will agree to it.

"No."

"Why the hell not?" I asked exasperated. Why does everything have to be a 'no?'

"Because I won't do anything unless it benefits the pack."

"This will definitely benefit the pack, Alpha. Think about it this way. When was the last time members of this pack did anything fun as a group? At my old pack we had celebrations all the time, and we always invited other packs to come," I lied smoothly. It wasn't a complete lie though, we sometimes held events and competitions with the other packs.

"Why wasn't the Blood Venom Pack ever invited?" he questioned. I didn't know if he was actually upset that his pack wasn't invited, or he is just making fun of the situation with questions that show that he is interested when he couldn't care less.

"Well, Blood Venom never invites anyone, so I don't see how it is fair to invite you. Which gives us a great opportunity with this ball," I beamed. Come on, Axel just agree to it. I will take care of all the logistics but just agree, please.

"I find it really amusing how your brain works, but let's think about this for a second."

 I rolled my eyes at his clever way of calling me stupid. However, I wasn't going to back down from this. If he wanted me to do the Trials, he is going to give me this.

"This is going to be extremely expensive. There are so many other things that I could do with the money. As Alpha, you do realize that it is my job to make sure that my pack members' tax money doesn't go to waste. Also, you do know that it would be impossible to invite all packs. I am not saying that we don't have the space outside, but there is literally no way to hold everyone in our ballroom. Even if we found a solution to that, let's talk security. I won't just let anyone come here, and if we extend the invitation to just anyone, who knows what kind of people would be coming here. We could be inviting rogues right into our homes without even knowing. So, unless you can find a reasonable solution to all the problems that come with this, my answer to your condition is no. You can still undergo the Trials if you want, but if you don't we would have to figure out what to do about your wolf," he finalized.

"Alpha Axel, I can promise you it won't be that expensive. All I have to do is worry about the decorations, as I am sure your pack has some tables and chairs for those that want to sit down and take a break from dancing. And we can hold it outside, that isn't a problem. And I was honestly thinking that we would just invite people in the 16 to 25-year-old range. I would much rather have this ball be just for people in my age group. And when it comes to security, you can have metal detectors for all I care, but I really want this ball. I have no good memories of my time in this pack and if I am going to leave, I want to leave at least having enjoyed one awesome night here." I tried my best to convince him without revealing my ulterior motive.

"Why can't it just be a get-together with the pack? Or even a ball but just have our pack members come?"

"Because, I don't want it to be so intimate. I don't want to meet the pack members, who will then discover that I might not be their Luna. Do you know how embarrassing that is? If they are all here, they would know that I am new. And then news about you finding me would spread like wildfire. It is just a rumor right now. Are you sure you are ready to answer their questions about you and me? About us?" Am I being too manipulative right now? It doesn't matter, I have been manipulated enough since I got here. I guess it is time that I assert my presence, if not for my sake, then for Mason's. Axel made his way around the desk, eliciting me to stand up. When he finally made his way around, he leaned his very beautiful butt on his desk.

"Calista, am I going to regret this?" I could tell that he was testing me, but I knew that I was able to convince him at least a little bit. He was now looking at me, and I could feel his gaze pierce the side of my face.

"That's a possibility," I whispered, knowing that if Mason found his mate, Axel will be livid. I couldn't get myself to look at him, so we remained shoulder to shoulder, but our bodies facing different directions. Even though I wasn't looking at him, he was still staring at me, and I was starting to get a little more uncomfortable.

"You said you will do the Trials?" He asked me, but I noticed a shift in his tone, and his voice was much lower than before. It sounded like he was almost scared of upsetting me by bringing them up again. From the corner of my eye, I saw him look away from me.

"Yes," I answered looking up at him to meet his face.

"Fine, you can have whatever ball you want. But you will run everything by me. Am I clear?" he agreed as he left my side of the desk and began to walk back around the desk.

"Good, because I already sent out the invitations!"

"You did what?" he asked angrily.

"I was joking! Calm down, Alpha" I said laughing.

"Don't test me, Calista," he warned, sitting down.

"I won't," I smiled as I walked out of his office. However, my smile left my face when I closed his office door behind me as I realized I was doing exactly that.