Only

*NOT EDITED*

Run away with Axel? What will we do? Where will we live? There is no way that Axel would be okay with living in the Mystic Pack. He is an Alpha here, his pride won't let him live in another pack as a normal wolf, especially if this pack is not as strong as Blood Venom. He won't be able to take orders from others, not when he has alpha blood.

But what choice did we have? It might be worse for Axel if he stays here and has to be under the direct orders of another Alpha. After all, Blood Venom will need a new Alpha after Axel gives up his position. He would go absolutely insane if another man was sitting in his office, ordering his members around—ordering him around.

But what was the other option? Would we live as rogues? I don't know if I am ready for that either. Rogue life is very difficult and unsafe, and werewolves are social beings. We need to be around other people, or we might go crazy. Crazier than I already am. I didn't realize I was taking too long to answer him, until I felt Axel's hands drop mine. I quickly looked up at him, trying to bounce my thoughts off him.

But before I had a chance to say a word to ask Axel all my questions, the doors to his office barged open and inside walked Jace with a scowl.

"Neither of you is going anywhere, you will stay here, and we will figure this out together," he said while plopping himself rather ungracefully on a couch in Axel's office, then he continued, "Ah! Finally a comfortable couch to rest on."

I was surprised to see him there, but not as surprised at how bad he smelled. I guess being in imprisoned for a week without taking a shower does that to a werewolf.

When Axel saw Jace plopping himself on the couch, he stood behind the couch, lifted it, and caused Jace's body to fall off the couch with a thud on the floor. If Axel and I weren't having such a heavy conversation previously, I would have laughed at the image of a full grown man falling off a couch, but somehow I couldn't laugh. 

"Ow!" Jace exclaimed as he massaged his head. "What the hell was that for?" He asked, frowning at Ax like a five-year-old who didn't get his way.

"You reek, I don't want you ruining my couch. And next time, don't eavesdrop on my conversations, especially with my mate," Axel nonchalantly explained.

"Whatever, I was expecting a warm welcome. Is this how you greet someone who had just had the worst week ever, spending it in the cold, torturous cells?" Jace asked, obviously exaggerating a little.

"Motherfucker, Emily was bringing you home-cooked meals, blankets, water, and anything you wanted all day. I wouldn't say you had a rough time in the cells. If anything, you had less responsibilities down there than you do here. I'm sure you like the change of pace." Axel rolled his eyes at his friend. 

"How did you get out of the cells anyway?" I asked, making my presence known.

"Mason got me out. He is Beta after all. Unlike Mr. Useless over here." Jace explained, sounding proud that Mason was willing to go against the Council to get him out. I was surprised that him calling Axel useless didn't ellicit a reaction. His wolf wouldn't have allowed the disrespect. But, there was nothing out of Axel. 

"I see, well I'm glad you're okay," I sincerely told him, trying to gauge how he feels about me. Last I checked, Jace didn't really like me, but he did kill a person who wronged me. So, I wasn't sure what to make of that. He did it for his Alpha, the sane part of my brain responded. 

"Why didn't you get me out of the cells. I mean, you had the power to do that. Just in case you forgot, you're Alpha. Can you please start acting like it again?" Jace accused him, and although I could hear some hurt in his voice, it sounded like he was more complaining than anything. "You suck now, you used to be cool."