Blood

*NOT EDITED*

The two men faced each other, glaring at each other. I couldn't really see Axel's eyes, but I assumed they are currently the gold color that at one point scared me, and I hoped to God that Wesley was feeling at least a little bit scared.

"Do you think he will come out of this alive?" I asked Mason, who was standing beside me.

"He has never lost a fight. He won't start today," he answered proudly, but still looking a little uneasy.

"I feel like this isn't going to end well. I just have a terrible feeling that I can't shake. I know that I am supposed to trust him, but William won't just choose someone randomly to go fight Axel. There has to be a reason he chose him."

"William chose this man for many reasons, Cali. One is that he is obviously physically strong and healthy for a rogue. Thus, able to lead the pack if Axel loses. But, more importantly, this man has been a rogue for so long that the natural hierarchy of the pack system doesn't affect him anymore. So, Axel can't force him to submit with an Alpha command. It's almost like they are on an equal playing field," he explained.

"So, that's bad," I concluded, feeling a little dumb and losing control every second.

"Here, hold on to this," he said as he handed me the gun that William was about to use on me earlier. "If anything goes out of hand, and the rules are broken, use it."

I was a little absorbed with what Mason was saying, that I didn't notice the two men were now shirtless, and listening to William as he read out the rules.

"...I will state this once more, no weapons can be used, however shifting into your wolves is allowed, and you may do so whenever you like. Do you understand these rules?" William uttered, with a menacing smile on his face.

"Yes," both men simultaneously said, not breaking eye contact.

"Very well," William continued, "I will be the witness representing Wesley, and Mason will be the official witness representing Axel. As Beta, Mason has a duty to be objective, while Calista doesn't since this is her mate."

I glanced at Axel, and in that moment, he looked back at me, locking eyes with me. And there it was the golden color in his eyes shining, his wolf ready to come out any second, his hands in a fist, and his fangs digging into his bottom lip.

I heard William countdown from ten, for the fight to start, and right after he said one, both men immediately shifted into their wolves and charged at each other. I had never seen two wolves fight the way my mate and this awful man were fighting, but I knew that I will have nightmares of being mauled by a rogue in the future if we survive this.

They were both growling and at one point, I didn't know what was happening. I tried to keep track of Axel's black fur as the two wolves quickly moved. However, every time I heard Axel whimper in pain, I felt like I almost had a heart attack. I clenched the gun in my hand, debating whether I should just fire it at Wes and end this. Maybe that could be the only way to protect Axel. However, Axel didn't give me the chance to make that decision, because before I knew it he had pounced on Wesley's battered up wolf, knocking him down and placing his fangs around Wesley's neck, ready to clench and deliver the final blow.

Wes kept whimpering, but submitted completely to Axel because his body stopped moving. At first, I thought that Axel had killed him and ended the challenge. However, I watched intently as Axel removed his hind legs, which were holding Wesley down, and released his teeth from Wesley's neck, and with that they both shifted back into their human forms. I turned away, giving them the privacy they needed to get dressed, but I was so confused on what had just transpired.