Jealous

ENJOY!!

*NOT EDITED*

After making my way out of the building, I saw Mason waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. Approaching me he said, "Will you be ok to go back home on your own? I have to go help my mom with a couple of things and then I am on patrol duty."

"Yeah, that's fine, Mase, I actually needed some time for myself to just think. I think I know the way back, and if I get lost, I could just ask someone around the pack."

"Alright then." He gave me a hug and left.

I finally made it to the Alpha's quarters and decided to see if I could talk to Axel about the ball. He did say he wanted everything to be run by him, and since I don't have anything better to do, I headed to his office, keeping in mind that it is possible he is not there right now. When I got there, I was able to smell his scent through the door. I was pretty surprised that he was still in his office this late, and I was wondering what he could be doing right now. I knocked on the door, and after hearing a faint "Come in," I opened it and slipped inside, closing it behind me.

"Hi," I said. He looked up from the papers that were spread on his desk, and I saw him draw in a breath after giving me a once over. Ok, I will make this quick, he is obviously busy and has better things to do than listen to me talk about childish balls.

"Um, here are my notes for the ball planning. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I might ask you for them later, but I think I have what I need memorized already," I rushed out, handing him the pieces of paper that I had tucked in the notebook just a little while ago. He reached out to grab them from my hand and set them on his desk.

"Did you need anything else?" He asked, when he saw that I was still awkwardly standing there.

"Well, um, you see, I was with Jade planning the ball, and I was wondering if—I wanted to know if—what is Jade to you?" I finally blurted out after struggling with the words.

"Jade is my Gamma's younger sister," he answered carelessly, starting to go back to the work that he was doing earlier.

Is he hiding the relationship that he had with her? Tears started to well up in my eyes. Is he really going to keep me in the dark about this? Don't I deserve at least a little bit of an explanation? My lip quivered, as I tried to keep a straight face and not cry. However, with every passing moment, I felt myself get weaker and weaker, giving into the tears. When I didn't say anything in return, he looked up at me. I tried to move my face quickly from his field of vision to hide the tears that were threatening to spill out of my eyes. To my luck, I think he saw them though. Feeling extremely embarrassed about my sobbing state, I turned around and rushed to make it out of his office.

Grabbing the door handle I tried to leave, but the door wouldn't open. I pulled on it again, with a little more force, but it still wouldn't budge. After further examination, I noticed that Axel's hand was pressed against the door above my head, keeping the door closed. I was starting to get really frustrated, especially since my body was now sandwiched between Axel's and the door. He pressed into me a little more, and now I was able to feel his breath fan my cheek. I tried to turn myself away to grant him least access to my tear clad face. That didn't help though because with his other hand he grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him.

My eyes locked on his, yet I couldn't see his actual facial expression because the wetness in my eyes was clouding my vision. I pressed my body as much as I could into the door to distance myself as much as possible from Axel's arched one. Though, every fiber in my body was aching to get a little more contact with him. The hand that grabbed my wrist dropped and landed on my waist, while the one above my head stayed rooted there.

He brought his face closer to mine until his lips were mere millimeters away from my ear and whispered, "Are you jealous, Calista?" The minute he said that, I felt the most intense tingles reverberate through my spine. I always knew I had sensitive ears, and I always felt ticklish when someone whispered in my ear, but this was taking it to a whole new level. Even though his statement brought a pleasurable feeling, it rubbed me the wrong way. I thought he would be trying to appease me, not tease me about my feelings.

I moved my face away from his and tried to push him away, but my resolve faded little by little as I felt his muscular chest beneath my palms and felt his heart's steady beating. I don't get it, how come I can't affect him sexually the way he can to me? I eventually gave up on pushing him away and instead looked away from him, letting another tear trail down my cheek.

I felt the hand on my waist slide all the way up my side and rest on my neck. Incidentally, I felt his thumb graze my cheek, wiping away my stray tear.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I whipped my head to face his so quickly, I felt a little bit of whiplash. He continued, "What I meant to say was that she was my Gamma's little sister. There is no way anything happened between Jade and I. Jace, Mason, and I are friends, and that's a boundary I wouldn't cross nor did I want to."

"Oh," I let out in almost a whisper.

"Don't worry about Jade. She grew up seeing me around her brother all the time and got used to me. As a child if she ever needed anything, she always came to me or Mason, especially if Jace was being annoying her as older brothers usually do. But that is it." Even though I was a little upset that Jade and Axel had a special bond, I was very relieved to hear that it was familial rather than sexual. I nodded my head in acknowledgment of what he said and sniffled a little bit.

"She is just a child, so ignore what she says," he offered, still trying to console me.

"Jade and I are about the same age," I countered, "Do you think I am a little child too?" I asked, starting to get despondent again.

"No, you are different," he said in a whisper I definitely heard. He finally freed me from his hold, and I found myself missing his hand on me. He opened the door for me and shoved me out. "I have a lot of work to do, and you wasted enough of my time," I heard him say before he shut the door. Even though he kicked me out, I wasn't mad, instead I felt a small smile grace my face.

I headed upstairs and took a shower, wearing another shirt and pants that I found in the closet. After getting under the sheets, I closed my eyes with the thought that I am finally starting to make some progress with Axel. 

A/N: I want to thank everyone for reading. Please comment, vote, and share.