Feel Like Alpha Again

*NOT EDITED*

Axel spent some time catching everyone up, going through the recent losses that Blood Venom experienced, and telling everyone there that he might be challenged for the Alpha position. However, nobody in the room even looked phased as Axel told them, probably because they knew that since everything is going back to normal Axel will be able to handle it. They gave me intermittent glances, knowing that I was here and there Alpha isn't being negatively impacted by the mate bond anymore.

 I tried to contribute to the conversation whenever possible. But, ended up observing and listening for the most part. I'm still new to the Luna job and still have a lot to learn. I have never been included in Alpha meetings before, and even though my dad was a warrior wolf at Mystic, that didn't mean that I had access to these things. I was learning, and Axel didn't seem to mind that I didn't have a lot more to say. 

"Well, we can always just kill everyone on the Council," Jace says when everyone else stopped talking. "Problem solved. I wouldn't mind personally going on a killing spree and destroying these old fuckers. But I would need a certain kind of immunity," he continued. 

I saw Mason roll his eyes at Jace and lightly shake his head no at Axel, telling him to get the idea out of his head, no matter how tempting it seemed.

"What about what your dad left you for getting rid of the Trials, Axel? Maybe there can be something in that which we can use" I offered with a small voice, not sure if I should even be mentioning this. But, he wants me to be Luna, and my instincts can't all be horrible. 

"What do you mean, Calista? " Mason inquires, a little annoyed that as Beta there was something pack related that Axel didn't tell him about.

"Before my dad died, he left me a bunch of clues related to the Council and the Trials. He was trying to find a way to get rid of the Lunar Trials after what happened with my mom. But, everything he left me is coded. A note he left me insinuated that once I find the files, I can have control over the Council somehow. I've been trying for a while, but I can't seem to figure it out," Axel tells everyone in the room.

"Okay, then that's what we will work on. If we all take a crack at it, then we might be able to do this," Tyler suggested, hinting to Axel to share everything he knows.

"Fine, I'll grab the stuff from the safe, but what happens in this room, stays in this room. I don't need the Council even suspecting anything about this. I have kept it a secret for years, and I don't plan to have that change now."

As Axel was grabbing everything form a corner in his office, I heard Mason have a little chat with him, I didn't want to intrude, but as always curiosity got the better of me.

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner, I could have helped you," Mason asks, and as if I could hear a touch of sadness in his voice.

"My family drama just didn't seem like it was part of your Beta duties. It's not a big deal Mase. I'm telling you now, aren't I?" Axel answers, but I knew that's not what Mason wanted to hear.

"Calista told me, not you. I thought you trusted me, that's why we're best friends. That's why I'm your Beta."

"I do trust you. That's why you're my Beta."

"Clearly, you don't trust me with everything. I thought you knew I had your back till death man."

"Listen, can we deal with this later? Let's figure this out, and we will talk later." He said this while grabbing the set of files that I have previously seen and worked on during heat and placed them on the desk.

"Okay listen up people. The information you are about to see is extremely classified information. If any of you even breathes a word about this stuff to anyone not in this room, you will be killed immediately. Is that understood?"