Dresses and Boxes

*NOT EDITED*

"What is this room?"

"It used to be my mom's."

I was surprised that Axel was opening up to me about his personal life even if it was just a sliver. Even though we had been hanging out all week, we didn't really talk a lot about ourselves. We were mostly just training.

I was still wondering why he would bring me here. Nonetheless, I nodded my head in acknowledgment, not knowing how to react to make him feel better that his mom had died. He led me into the beautifully furnished room and into another set of doors. At first, I thought it was some kind of secret passage way like the tunnels that they have all over the pack. However, when he opened the door, I saw that my assumption was pretty off.

"This was her closet," he informed me, pointing inside the doors. I was in awe at what I saw. Not only was it huge, but it was also packed with some of the most beautiful clothes and shoes that I have ever seen. I lifted my hand to feel the fabric of one of the sleeves on one of her blouses, and I instantly fell in love.

He kept leading me through the closet, and then stopped at the very end saying, "My dad treated my mom like a queen, so he was always bringing top designers to design all kinds of dresses for her. She never got a chance to wear any them, but they are top of the line dresses. If you want, you could choose one to wear to the ball. You could always bring someone and have them alter the dresses for you a little bit, or ask a designer for something entirely different if you want. And if you don't really want to do that, then you could buy whatever you want from the mall." He revealed a little awkwardly. I felt so touched at the notion that he was okay with me wearing one of his mom's dresses, let alone inviting me to do so. It was honestly an honor to wear the previous Luna's custom-made dresses. However, she is dead, so I was having mixed feelings about wearing the dead Luna's dresses. Yet, a second look at them, and all inhibitions were out the window. The fabric, the stitches, the embroidery, the crystals, the gold all of it was spectacular and impeccable.

"These are all so beautiful, thanks Alpha," I admitted still surprised that Axel is opening up to me like this.

"She loved them. It is a shame that the dresses never got a night out with her. I think she would have liked you and offered you to wear them herself." It really was a shame. I was wondering what happened to her. I mean if there was a rogue attack that caused her death, we would have definitely heard about it. But, even rogues know that crossing Blood Venom territory means imminent death. I wanted to ask, but I didn't want to pry. Plus, I didn't want to scare him away. We were finally having a heart to heart conversation, and I didn't want to say anything that will cause him to be closed off again. 

"I'm sorry about your mom," I said sympathetically, placing my hand on his shoulder. He just nodded his head in response.

"I'll leave you to browse through. There is a bunch in here, and there is a full-length mirror right outside the door for you to see what the dress looks like on you. You can choose whichever one you want except for the light blue one over there," he said pointing the right, where an elegant dress was hung on the wall instead of on the clothes rack. It was still placed in a clear garment bag, but it was obviously more special than the rest. "My mom wore that one during her Lunar Ceremony, and it was really important to my dad." He was getting ready to leave.

"Thanks, Alpha," I told him.

"You're welcome." He turned around to leave and exited the closet. When I thought he was away, I started fangirling at the dresses. These are prettier than anything I saw last week at the mall. They were all placed in see-through plastic garment bags to preserve the quality. So, I grabbed the bag featuring a midnight blue dress, and almost stumbled from its weight. I set it on the bed, unzipped the bag and pulled it out. I had never owned a ballgown before, and I was so excited to try it on. I stripped out of my clothes and slipped the dress on. Luckily, this one had a zipper on the side, not a corset, so I was able to zip it up easily. After putting it on, I turned to look at myself in the mirror, and I thought I looked good. The top had a bra sown into it, which supported my boobs and gave me a little bit of a boost, accentuating my cleavage in a classy, elegant way. I think Axel's mom was a little taller than me, based on the amount of fabric pooling at the ground, but I loved the dress. I put my hair in a bun, to see what I would look like wearing a dress with an updo, then twirled. However, after the second twirl, I saw a figure standing at the door, halting me abruptly.

"A-Alpha! You scared me!" I stuttered. I noticed his gaze shift from my face, down my body, and back until his eyes locked mine.

"I didn't mean to. I was just coming to tell you that, uh, you know what forget it," he let out, turning around to leave the room again. I thought that was really weird, especially since I have never seen him unsure of what he wanted to say or not confident enough to say it.

"Well, if you change your mind, I'll either be here or in my room" I offer. He just nodded but left again. I took that as my cue to glance at myself in the mirror for another time then take the dress off. I wanted to try more on, but I was also very tired, and I wanted to sleep. So, I put the dress back in the garment bag and hung it in the closet back in its spot. However, because of the dress's weight, I leaned over more into the rack and lost my footing when my foot collided with something on the floor between the dresses. Curiosity got the better of me, and I leaned down to check out what I bumped into, seeing what looked like a decorated shoe box.

I pulled the box out, but I hesitated to open it. This was the Luna's closet, and it looked like she wanted to keep this private.

A peek won't hurt.

Will it though? What if Axel was testing me to see whether I would check it or not?

Axel doesn't seem like the guy that would resort to things like that, Calista. My conscience was right, he would just get right to the point. What if I find is revolting?

It'll only be a peek.

Giving in, I grab the top of the box and open it.

Please  comment, share, and vote!